Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mandkirswill_gw

What color white cabinets with silestone lagoon?

mandkirswill
10 years ago

Has anyone used silestone lagoon counters in their kitchen with white cabinets? If so, what color white paint did you use? Any photos would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments (16)

• kompy
    10 years ago

I went with Silestone Lagoon quartz tops with white painted cabinets by Plain & Fancy. The color is called Cascade White. It's not a white white....and doesn't have too much yellow in it.

I also was worried about doing a white marble backsplash but found a perfect tile at The Tile Shop that has more swirlies with grey. Some of the other marble subway tiles I saw had too much yellow and gold in them (ie Florida Tile).

I am going with Ace Hardware Paint "Clark & Kensington" in either Harbor Lane #1044 or Union Pier #1034. The first is a pale robin's egg blue/aqua. The second is equally as muted but more of a colonial slate blue.

My kitchen colors will be more on the cool side (greys, blues, blacks).

Kompy

• mandkirswill
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Thats very similar to what I will be doing in my kitchen. Are you happy with the Silestone? I am trying to decide between the Lagoon and Cambria Torquay.

• mandkirswill
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Kompy! That really does look beautiful. What color did you paint your cabinets? Also what are you planning for backsplash? I would like some contrast - I can't decide whether I should do Lagoon on the island and some kind of grey counter on the perimeter with white backsplash OR paint the island grey. Curious what you are planning. Thanks!

• mandkirswill
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Kompy! That really does look beautiful. What color did you paint your cabinets? Also what are you planning for backsplash? I would like some contrast - I can't decide whether I should do Lagoon on the island and some kind of grey counter on the perimeter with white backsplash OR paint the island grey. Curious what you are planning. Thanks!

• blondelle
    10 years ago

Kompy, your kitchen is gorgeous. I didn't know the Lagoon also had larger patches of in veining it. Looks very good. What is the name of the tile you selected from the Tile Shop? I was looking to use Frosty Carrina with real marble subways. The Crossville Unicorn tile, which I think is China White marble, seems to go, but I haven't seen a larger piece of the FC in person to see how much veining there is.

• kompy
    10 years ago

"What color did you paint your cabinets? Also what are you planning for backsplash? I would like some contrast - I can't decide whether I should do Lagoon on the island and some kind of grey counter on the perimeter with white backsplash OR paint the island grey. Curious what you are planning. Thanks!"

Mandkirswill, I selected a factory finish from my cabinet manufacturer called Cascade White. It is not a Sherwin Williams finish. Sorry can't help you there.

After much deliberation, I have decided to stick with a white marble subway tile and then paint my walls. This way, I can change out my color scheme whenever I want. The Tile Shop has a gorgeous pale green marble subway tile that I almost went with....but then I'd be tied to green forever.

The tile I went with is called Meram Blanc in a 3x6....which is new and not on the shelves or their website yet. Click link below to see it on their website...or see my picture below of the store's sample board. It goes GREAT with fake quartz marble tops like Lagoon or Torquay!

You should go with what you love! But I am considering a grey island as the next phase and then putting on a CraftArt wood top on it. I love my light white perimeters...I think I would tire of a grey top unless it has the same type pattern as a marble.

Here is a link that might be useful: Meram Blanc

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

Kompy: Can you get a few more pics of the counter? I love your backsplash choice, Very pretty!

• kompy
    10 years ago

Closeup for firsthouse! I don't have many pics....I have one more I'll send. I'll take more when it's all done with the backsplash.

K

• kompy
    10 years ago

Last one

• NAN95
    10 years ago

Kompy,

Can't wait to see your kitchen with the backsplash. :)

Nan

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

Mandkirswill : My cabinets will be White Icing by Schuler( with Silestone Lagoon). I hope it will look okay with the Lagoon when installed - fingers crossed.

Kompy, I'd love to see pics of your backsplash, too.
    Since you are a KD, may I pick your designing brain ;-) and ask what *you* would do for a backsplash that will tie in a Saltillo-look-alike tile floor and a brick cooktop alcove?

• kompy
    10 years ago

My tile is in but painting of the trim and walls won't be done until August when I get back from vacation.

Here are a few more pictures of the Lagoon with my tile backsplash!

Kompy

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

That's one beautiful backsplash, Kompy! Goes perfectly with Lagoon. You must post pics of your kitchen when everything is done - can't wait to see it!

• sparklebread
    10 years ago

Kompy, that is gorgeous! Please consider posting a long shot of the wall with the backsplash for all to drool over!

• kompy
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody! More pics to come when painter finishes up.....probably not until August sometime. :-(

I told him to put me on backburner until I get back from vacation and financially recuperate some. ;-)

Kompy