Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sanjuangirl

Please post photos of the most beautiful edge you've seen

sanjuangirl
10 years ago

We on day 1 of our remodel and I'm excited!
Our fabricator wants to know what edge we'd like on our island. My designer thought an ogee over and eased edge would look good. I'm not sure. Please show me your lovely edges or any you've seen to help me make my decision. I tend to like "more" rather than "less".

Comments (20)

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    10 years ago

We did a modified ogee:

I absolutely adore this one, I think it is called bookedge, but we wouldn't have been able to do this w/ our island granite:

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I adore the first edge, is this your kitchen? It's stunning! The book edge disappeared from photo bucket.I did see it though and I loved it! The modified ogee is different from any I've seen, I think it could be it! Thanks for posting.

• lilmissunshine
    10 years ago

I really like the modified ogee edge in the picture. We are getting a 1/2 bullnose on our countertops & an ogee edge on our island, we wanted our island to be a focal point in our kitchen.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    10 years ago

Yes it is my kitchen.

Here's the edge from far away if that gives you any more helpful info:

And there's more pics on my blog .

• Peke
    10 years ago

This is one I saw today. Granite top, then a layer of Kristal and another layer of granite.

The Kristal had a light behind it. It was gorgeous!

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow Peke, that's a cool edge!
    Beagles, your blog is amazing!
    You're kitchen is a total wow, the blue is gorgeous,I hope you're loving it.
    Your island edge is beautiful, I think the edge on the perimeter is my favorite. What is the edge by your range?
    Thanks for sharing your blog.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    10 years ago

Thanks sanjuangirl. I do love the kitchen :) I've been in FL for winter but am going back to my house in PA in one week and am very excited to go back home and visit my kitchen again!

It is a cove ogee on the perimeter by the range.

• Megan Meyers
    10 years ago

Here is the book edge that was my jumping off point for my kitchen. It seems to be quite difficult to do. My fabricator just attended the Coverings meeting and after searching high and low found a tool that can do the edge on 2 cm, but we have selected 3 cm slabs. Hopefully the manufacturer also makes it in a 3 cm size.

• Megan Meyers
    10 years ago

Here is another beautiful laminated edge. Be aware that these are very costly.... I could buy another slab for the added cost of laminating and doing special edge profiles!

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    10 years ago

I remember someone doing an inverted ogee a couple years ago that was unique and beautiful. I googled it and will link it below.

Here's a sneak peak at sandn's edge:

Here is a link that might be useful: sandn's inverted ogee edge

• enduring
    10 years ago

meyersdvm, it looks like in the first picture you've shown that it is in deed a 2cm profile, and it is laminated with another 2cm inverted piece, to get that double look. I can see the line down the center.

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Meyers! Now I see the most lovely edge ever, and your fabricator has to go to school to learn how to do?? I can see that it's complicated, but gorgeous.
    The second edge is amazing as well, I've seen this photo before and hadn't noticed the edge since there is so much loveliness going on in this kitchen.
    Is the first photo your kitchen? It's very beautiful :)

mpagmom, thanks for posting this, it's cool, I've not seen this one before.

I need to educate myself more on edges; I don't understand what laminating is in terms of edges. Is that how they get them to be so thick?

• aries61
    10 years ago

meyersdvm: where did you find the picture with the white kitchen cabinets? Would like to see more pictures of that kitchen if you can point me in that direction. Thanks

• Megan Meyers
    10 years ago

Sanjuangirl, I just WISH that was my kitchen! I loved the edge and the radius details. Hopefully we will be able to accomplish that edge with a 3 cm slab laminating it with another 3 cm slab for a total thickness of 6 cm. I couldn't find any 2 cm slabs around here.

Aries, attached is the link to Houzz where I found this beautiful kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: [Houzz[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/featured-in-gentry-magazine-and-calfinder-danenberg-design-white-kitchen-shabby-chic-style-kitchen-phvw-vp~62371)

• islanddevil
    10 years ago

Oh brother another decision I haven't thought about yet!

Mpagmom do you have a link to sandn's final reveal? That's a kitchen I'd love to see. Thanks.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

I know this is not what you're wanting, but this is the most beautiful edge I've seen. I'm a simple is more kinda gal.

• sanjuangirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Breezy, your kitchen is the height of elegance and you've perfected the art of beautiful simplicity. If my kitchen comes out half as beautiful as yours, I'll feel satisfied!

Thanks for sharing.

• Peke
    10 years ago

This is a granite with Kristallo on the edge, then more granite. Then they backlit the Kristallo. Gorgeous in person.

• Peke
    10 years ago

Here it is from another angle.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I'm with Breezy - I have a simple edge as well.