Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rose_red_gw

Granite ideas

rose-red
11 years ago

I have Old Chicago Brick floors, cream cabinets. I am having a difficult time finding pictures of this combination on-line. The floors have the following tones: terracotta red, gold, cream, light grey mortor. The floors are busy, so I wanted a consistent granite that doesn't have a lot of movement. The temporary countertops are plywood and I painted them black just to see how a black granite would look. I looks bad, just wrong with the floors. Thinking of a cream granite. Don't want New Venetian Gold or anything similar. I know 4 people who have that granite and although it is very nice, it is just too common here where I live.

Also, kitchen has a few open shelves made of antique cypress, and a hammered copper farmhouse sink with bronze faucet. Kind of a country rustic look with bead board cabinets and beadboard ceiling. The shelves and bartops are supported by rustic iron brackets, rustic iron hardware on cabinets.

Since I have so much going on in this kitchen, I need a simple solid granite that is not too busy. I'm planning to do a 4 inch tall granite backsplash with beadboard above it as a backsplash.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz