Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Follow up on "Help my cabinets are cracking"

Holly- Kay
9 years ago

Finally I can report back that my cabinets that cracked have been replaced. I finally have beautiful cabinets again.

I am not at all pleased with the cabinet company and I would never recommend them because of the length of time that it took them to step up to the plate and get the job done. We called with our original complaint on January 28th and the replacements were not installed until this past week. If my DH hadn't called to see what was going on in April they still wouldn't be done. After that call they were promised for the last week in April. At the time I said "they must be completed in time for our Memorial weekend party". They promised they would be. Last Tuesday we still hadn't heard from them. DH called again and they acted shocked that we were calling again. They finished them in the nick of time. IMO there is absolutely no excuse for this to have taken so long! It has always been my theory that the sign of a good business is shown when there is a glitch and how quickly and graciously they react to it!

I want to thank everyone on GW who were so supportive during this awful situation. Your support was so very much appreciated.

Comments (12)

• shelayne
    9 years ago

Oh, holly-kay, I am so glad that you finally have your crackless cabinets. I cannot believe it took them this long and more than two phone calls make this right. That had to be so frustrating!

I think you need to post photos of your NEW cabinets. :)

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Shelayne, thank you. I will take pics this weekend. This whole process has me worn out!

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

I'm so glad it all got worked out but isn't it frustrating to have to keep on them to do the right thing? Errrrâ¦I am proud of you for keeping their feet to the fire. Very happy for you.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

HK -I forgot you were having this difficulty - Glad it was fixed in time.
    Brookhaven took their time fixing my drawer - Over a year later and it is fixed - but fortunately not a problem that you could see.
    It was partly BH fault and partly the KD fault - but not sure who was at fault and when.

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

I feel you! Still waiting and hoping my last few issues getfixed. I try not to get mad everytime I have to use supersusan and drawers in my NEW kitchen. I'm not always successful.

So happy for you it is finally fixed. I hope it stays that way!

• Bunny
    9 years ago

holly-kay, I'm so glad this got resolved and you can put it behind you. Ugh, it just should not have taken so long, with so many calls. I'm a firm believer that even the best of us (individuals and companies) can screw up. How you deal with people in those situations is the mark of one's integrity and character. Anyway, I'm glad you've been made whole and you can close the book on that one.

• crl_
    9 years ago

I am glad it is resolved! But very sorry to hear they dragged their feet and made it such an ordeal.

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Always great to hear of a positive resolution when things go wrong. In the long run I trust it will have been worth the wait. Now just enjoy your gorgeous kitchen!! And thanks for giving us an update.

• avntgardnr
    9 years ago

EDITED - I was able to find your reveal post - saw the company name. Thanks!!

Holly-Kay - did you use a certain cabinet company that we should avoid or was it a custom cabinet maker?
    Looking to read what brands I should avoid, or to hear if anyone has particular problems with custom cabinet makers (we met one we like very much, but I know it goes both ways!)

thanks - and glad your problem has been resolved!

This post was edited by avntgardnr on Wed, May 28, 14 at 13:14

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

Happy to hear that you are finally enjoying your new kitchen.

• bicyclegirl1
    9 years ago

I was just thinking about you last week & wondered if I missed a post about the final results. I'm thrilled you finally got them replaced, but sorry to hear it took so long. I'm w/ you, if something goes very wrong w/ your product, I would think you'd do your best to get things resolved as quickly as possible. I hope you enjoy these very much & am looking forward to seeing new pictures. Congrats!

• suzanne_sl
    9 years ago

So glad to hear you finally got this resolved and installed!

I think I'd like to put in a good word for InnerMost here. When we had a drawer that didn't fit, we made a call to HD the same day. InnerMost's rep was somewhere in S. CA (we're in San Diego) and came the next day to have a look. The new drawer was ordered the same day and delivered in about 3-4 weeks along with a couple of goodies like a scratch repair kit thrown in for good measure. Needless to say, the next time we ordered cabinets (for the bedroom) we used InnerMost. Currently we have bathroom vanities on order. It pays to be positive customer responsive, yes? Besides, I really like the cabinets.