Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite seam problem

Posted by janeflaherty (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 20:46

Any opinions about this seam? I don't understand why they did the short angle which cause a big chip that they glued back in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite seam problem

I'm not an expert by any means, just a picky home owner, and that doesn't look right. I think I saw your post in another thread. I'd be ticked if that was mine.

o

Yeah, I'm not happy about it. Thanks. I'm new to this forum and am a posting maniac right now to be sure it gets seen:)

o

That's terrible. I hope you have not paid in full yet. If so, I hope it was by credit card.

Unacceptable. Have you spoken with them yet?

o

I agree - that seam is terrible and not acceptable. I've seen many finished counter-tops that appears to be a mistake. Contact your granite fabricator and have them replace it.

o

Thanks. I'm glad others see the same thing. The fabricator rep and I are meeting next week.

o

I'm not an expert by any means, but my fabricator called that a Euro seam. That is the kind that is slated to go in my granite. He explained they use a vacuum process to make the seam as invisible as possible. There must be a good reason they use it, but it does not look like yours as well executed. I would certainly not be pleased with that, but hopefully they can fix it on site to meet your expectations.

o

They just need to color match the epoxy better. The seam itself isn't an issue. It does't even look like they have any epoxy in the seam.

o

Very helpful comments. Thank you. The fabricator is a Sacramento, CA, Home Depot contractor, and they were very responsive when they saw the picture. I will post after the inspection next week.

o

That is a euro-miter, usually they are done to get better yield out of the slabs. Some companies prefer them because they use equipment that will only do straight runs. ( no "L" shaped pieces). It is fairly common.
They should be able to improve the chipped and filled area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here