Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mpg2004

Help! undercabinet LED lightbar connection?

mpg2004
9 years ago

We are trying to have undercabinet LED light bars installed, but the electricians don't have a good solution for how to connect the 120V line they pulled from the wall to the light bars we purchased (MaxLight plug and play low profile light bars). They are pushing for me to switch to either xenon lights (we really want the LEDs) or to switch out the light bars we have for a different brand (CSL) that is physically larger so they can direct wire to those lights. We bought the MaxLight bars at the recommendation of the lighting store that our GC sent us to, and they are sold as able to be hard-wired.

Is there a box or some other piece that we're missing to be able to connect the 120V line from the wall to the light bar? The electricians claim the only option is an large plastic junction box that "I won't like". We do have a light rail installed, so we have some room to hide a box. How are LED light bars typically connected?

I hope this makes sense! I'm at the end of the renovation project, and need to make a decision by tomorrow am. I'm feeling frustrated that they couldn't have told me weeks ago when I first showed them the lights that they didn't know how to wire them.

thanks,
Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: the lights we have

Comments (5)