Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laur66

Finished Kitchen Finally!! Pics

laur66
12 years ago

Hello GWers,

I am so happy to be the person saying that our kitchen is finished. I have lurked on this site for months and received invaluable advice and ideas. I didn't even know that there was such a thing as a single sink for a kitchen when I started this process! I can honestly say without this forum I would not love every little bit of my kitchen the way I do. Thanks!

Before (realllllly ugly)

After (love it!!)

Comments (55)

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!

Love the BS color, the seating area, and that little granite counter next to the fridge.

• catherine_l
    12 years ago

Wow! That's beautiful!!

• boylanite2
    12 years ago

Oh it's beautiful......and you must provide details for us! :)

• flwrs_n_co
    12 years ago

It's beautiful! But we need details, please!!! Your granite (or quartzite?) is beautiful with your cabs! Also love your paint color, bs, and uniquely shaped island. You maximized your space and functionality so well--you must be beaming ear-to-ear! Enjoy!

• dmwbcc
    12 years ago

Awesome! I am loving your island shape! What were you inspired by?

• francoise47
    12 years ago

Really beautiful! It feels so calm and fresh. I love the backsplash which provides such a nice contrast with your cabinets. I like your stylish, chunky handles. All of the finishes are lovely.

• pudgybaby
    12 years ago

Gorgeous transformation! I can't believe that it's the same space. I love how your colors all come together.

Is that a soffit hiding behind the crown on the sink and range wall? If so, what a beautiful way to hide it!

• sumnerfan
    12 years ago

Wow! That's a great makeover. I love your tile choice and your pulls. I know you must be very proud.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Sooooo fabulous! Great transformation. You had great vision to see this space from the old ugly one. But you can't just post pretty pics without the details! We want to know everything!!

• coco4444
    12 years ago

What a difference! It's beautiful. A few of your selections make me second guess my (yet to be purchased) choices. For example I love your faucet; I was all set on brushed stainless but your (?) chrome looks amazing. I also love your drawer pulls; I thought I wanted cup pulls but I really like yours. What are the brand/style?

Could you also tell me your spacing between your island and sink run? I'm still trying to squeeze an island into my layout, and am curious about your clearances and how functional you find it.

Nice job! Cute doggie too (you can see his face in the photobucket pics)!

• farmgirlinky
    12 years ago

I especially like the stone and tile colors together, and the way you wrapped the tile around the window frame.
    lynn

• dianalo
    12 years ago

I love this look! Please post details ;)

• sadiebrooklyn
    12 years ago

you strike a marvelous balance between traditional and contemporary - love the grey subway tile backsplash - and your lighting choices are spot on. Did you pick all the finishes yourself or did you have help from a designer?????

really - it looks like it could be in a magazine (but better!)

• slush1422
    12 years ago

It's look amazing! I totally agree with you about finding this forum.

Dying to know: what's your countertop? and what's your backsplash? Pendants?

Your island looks so different and unique. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

• kitchenaddict
    12 years ago

hi laur..

After (realllllly pretty)

KA:)

• lazydaisynot
    12 years ago

The shape of your island is really intriguing. Now I have to go stand in my kitchen and try to visualize it.

Obviously, I'm still in the thinking-about-it stage.

Beautiful kitchen!

• shelayne
    12 years ago

Wow, that is AMAZING!

I love your island, your stone, and how it all ties together so beautifully! Where did you get your barstools?

We NEEEEEED the deets!

• sayde
    12 years ago

Very pretty, white with a unique personality. Love the doors with lots of glass, and the pretty grey tile and granite.

• April-Lorraine
    12 years ago

What a beautiful place to work in. I love the white, grey and wood combination. It's lovely, fresh, and classic. And what a difference from the old kitchen!

• laur66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow, thank you all for your nice comments :)
    Co-Co - the distance between the island and the sink run is 37"
    Sadiebrooklyn, I picked all the finishes myself, using many of the pics here for inspiration.

Here are the details:

Cabinets - Kitchen Craft Lexington Maple Seashell
    Granite - White Springs
    Appliances - Kitchenaid
    Hood Fan - Venmar Jazz
    Cabinet Hardware - Restoration Hdwe Grafton 4" pull and 1.25" knob brushed nickel
    Faucet - Hansgrohe Allegra E chrome
    Sink - Kraus 32"
    Floor - Engineered Maple
    Lighting over table - DVP lighting
    Pendants - Progress Lighting P3290-09
    Wall Colour - BM Revere Pewter
    Backsplash - Bellavita H-Line pearl

Thanks everyone!

• lazydaisynot
    12 years ago

I just went for a walk around the block and had to come back and take another look. Each time I look at your photos I see something else that I love. Thank you very much for the details. Can you please tell me whether the length of sides on the seating part of your island are all equal? I can't tell whether the first side to jut out from the rectangle is longer than the others.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

What a nice, nice kitchen! It looks terrific!

• coco4444
    12 years ago

Thanks for the cabinet details. I'm looking at Kitchencraft Berkeley in Seashell... nice to see that colour.
    Any issues with the limitations in clearance between your island and sink? How about loading/unloading D/W (mine will be in essentially the same position)?
    Looks wonderful, I gotta learn how to bookmark threads!

• herbflavor
    12 years ago

looks SO inviting..a place where people will want to be..the ultimate flattery,really..

• kitchenkrazed09
    12 years ago

Really pretty! Love your granite and your cabinet hardware. Great transformation. Everything comes together so beautifully. Your "before" looks like my "before", but only updated!! Enjoy your new space!

• wizardnm
    12 years ago

Very nice! Calm and refreshing, love the granite.

I know you'll enjoy all the hard work for many years.

Nancy

• laur66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Shelayne - The barstools are from Urban Barn - the Gia stool. I'm pretty sure Urban Barn is a Canadian company so I don't know if they have stores in the States.

Lazydaisy - the sides of the island where the stools are are each 21" with the exception of the one that angles to the straight part, that one is 28". If I had to do it again it would be nice if those sections were a tiny bit wider.

CoCo - No issues with the clearance between the dishwasher and island. I can have the dishwasher drawer open and still open the bottom drawer on the island. There is room to walk around the dishwasher when it is open (I just measured it, about 16" from the open dishwasher to the island cabinet). I love the seashell colour by the way, it has the perfect hint of creaminess. I hope that helps, good luck with your kitchen!

L

• ellaf
    12 years ago

Fab!

• lazydaisynot
    12 years ago

Thanks so much, Laur66. I really appreciate the info.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

It's just gorgeous and looks like twice the space too.

• honorbiltkit
    12 years ago

The superlatives have all been used up, so I will just note that a palette that should have been a bit chilly somehow comes off as serene but eminently livable. Extra credit that the whole thing is clearly well thought out but doesn't make a big deal about it.

Also, either the workmanship is exceptional or I have just never noticed mitred bullnose tile before.

Molta bella.

• juniork
    12 years ago

Stunning! Does your backsplash behind the hood extend all the way up to the ceiling? I see it goes up, but wasn't sure where you ended it. I love it!

• gardenamy
    12 years ago

Stunning...absolutely stunning! Sit back and enjoy!

• ejbrymom
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL kitchen!!!! Lovely! Great job!

How are you liking your new kitchen Aid appliances?
    I love the look of the KA gas range, dishwasher and frig. Are you happy with the range? Dishwasher? Frig? Are the Dishwasher and Frig quiet?
    Where does the oven vent from on the range?

• kmmh
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is lovely!

• rikerk
    12 years ago

what a awesome island! Can you tell me what the total lenght is and how wide it is a the widest part of the eating section and the width of the straight end. Amazing!

• schoolhouse_gw
    12 years ago

I must say that is the sexiest kitchen faucet I have ever seen. :)

• regina_phalange
    12 years ago

Wow, what a gorgeous kitchen! I really love all the elements but my favorite is your backsplash. It's a bit unexpected but really makes the kitchen pop -- love it!!

• Basil50
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful - love your new kitchen. What a difference. Love the before and after pics. Today was the first day of our kitchen demolition. Your pictures are inspirational and show me what I have to look forward to!!
    Enjoy your new kitchen it is beautiful.

• Adrienne2011
    12 years ago

I agree with everyone; your kitchen is serene and beautiful and VERY well thought out. :o) It's nice to see a unique island shape, too.

• noellabelle
    12 years ago

Love it! You did a wonderful job!!! Everything works so well together, and congrats on creating such a wonderful space!

I have a similar granite (valley white/white river), so I'm especially smitten with that look in your kitchen!

• jalsy6
    12 years ago

Since I'm in a microwave argument with myself (dh occasionally chimes in) can I ask where your microwave is hiding amidst all that kitchen beauty???

• doraville
    12 years ago

Great choices and coordination of backsplash and counter. I bet you are really enjoying it!

• rhome410
    12 years ago

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Like the light counter on light cabs, the wall color, the faucet, and your hardware. The backsplash is gorgeous. Simple and elegant, and such a great color. Not an island shape I would've thought to use, but it looks perfect for your seating and still helpful for prep. A great success. SO much better than before!

• stacieann63
    12 years ago

It's beautiful. Congratulations.

• laur66
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Juniork - yes the backsplash goes to the ceiling behind the hood fan. I thought it would look weird if we ended it partway up.

ejbrymom - Yes, I absolutely loooove my KA appliances. Now I might not be the best to judge considering that my dishwasher was about 1000 years old. The first time I ran the dishwasher I called my husband and kids into the kitchen and said shhhhh listen. They all said "what, what" and I said "the dishwasher is on". They were all amazed, so compared to what we had before I can hardly hear it! The fridge is quiet too once I got used to the ice maker which scared the c**p out of me on the first night because I wasn't used to it. I love the range too - it's perfect :)

rikerk - the island length is 80" the width at the widest part is 49" and the width at the straight part is 30" Love the size for our space.

Noellabelle - I absolutely ADORE your granite. I looked at your kitchen pics many times when I was in the process of choosing our granite.

Jalsy6 - Yes, the big microwave dilemma. We will be putting the microwave in an additional storage pantry that is located just at the entrance to the kitchen but outside the kitchen itself. We are not big microwave users (in fact we still haven't purchased a new mw and I haven't really missed it), so that made our decision a little easier but I can imagine that it wouldn't be ideal if you used your mw a lot.

Thanks again for all of your nice comments :)

L

• susanlynn2012
    12 years ago

I love your kitchen cabinet style and white shade, love your granite that is stunning, love the hardware you chose, love the Maple floors, love the chrome faucet that gives some bling, I love the stainless steel appliances, love the island that has room to sit at, love the range hood, and most of all I love how much light you get in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing and providing others with inspiration.

• bubby1
    11 years ago

Hi I really like your kitchen & I know it was done awhile ago now but I am doing mine in the same Seashell color & was wondering if you know of a paint color that matches the Seashell cabinets (to do some matching window trim) Thanks!

• Kristina
    8 years ago

I am considering Seashell cabinets but worry that the sample looks too yellow. I want a warm, nice white. Can you give me any advice or feedback about the true colour? I would mix it with taupes and light browns to give it an overall warm look.

• fldirt
    8 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful! Love everything about it! Well put together & looks like very workable space. Well done! I am in the middle of my our kitchen remodel….hope mine turns out as nice as yours.