Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with sink color choices

Posted by calumin (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 20:37

Hi -- I was hoping someone could help me with a sink choice -- particular with color selection. I am deciding between the following:

1) Stainless steel Franke sink RGX120

2) Silgranit Blanco sink Metallic Grey

Our countertops will be Pental Quartz coastal grey, and our cabinets will be white Shaker style. Here are a couple links to the countertop color:

Sink with Pental Quartz countertops

Pental Quartz Coastal Grey (the color in person looks a bit lighter than it does on the computer in this link)

Our questions are:
1) If we got Silgranit, what color do you think would best match our counters (and cabinets)? We were originally thinking white to match the cabinets but now we are thinking that might stand out too much

2) From a purely color / aesthetic perspective, do you think stainless steel would look better than one of the Silgranit colors?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with sink color choices

I think the metallic grey silgranit would look great with your counters!

o

Thanks! One thing I forgot to add is, our appliances will be stainless steel.

o

Have you made a choice yet? I'm considering the Franke RGX120 also. The Franke sinks appear to be made well.

Also, I'm interested in your configuration. I'm putting the sink in a 36" cabinet and I'm curious if there's enough room for a single hole faucet as well as a soap dispenser? Do you know how much room there is on either side of the sink for a built-in soap dispenser in that size cabinet?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here