Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhbaskets_gw

My kitchen is on the P&F website!

nhbaskets
9 years ago

How cool is that? Our KD shared the link today. These are pictures that she had taken for a magazine shoot right after we finished 5 years ago. Glad to see my 5 year old kitchen is still relevant and not considered dated. Sad part is that we will be moving out of this house and leaving my dream kitchen in 10 days. On to a new chapter in our lives!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to P&F site

Comments (20)

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Awesome! Looks like a great kitchen. I like the pegs for mugs next to the fridge.

I hope once your new house is finished and the stress and nonsense is behind you that you love your new kitchen as much as you did this one.

• musicgal
    9 years ago

What a pleasant workspace!

• magsnj
    9 years ago

It's so pretty!! Hopefully you'll have something or be able to create something that you love just as much in your next home.

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

Cool! Best wishes on your new house.

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We're building a new home in a 55+ development. Since I knew we couldn't replicate our current kitchen due to financial constraints, I opted for something totally different. We used the same KD and two of the runs are very similar to what we have now, just more drawers! Looking forward to moving in next week.

• firstmmo
    9 years ago

It looks fantastic and warm and welcoming! Someone will surely love it.

I can totally empathize with you about moving away. We moved from a beautiful kitchen to a not so beautiful one about 18 months ago, but in about two months, I will be moving back in to another new kitchen. You can do it again!

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

I hated leaving my previous location...still hate it, but holding out for the best of what Michigan has to offer.

My counsellor said it is like getting a new pet after a beloved one dies. You know you can never ever replace the pet that passed, but you can love a new pet despite it's differences. You will just love different thing about it. I think such things apply to homes and prairies and churches, too.

eta: Well, poo! I meant to say best wishes on your move, and FWIW I think that kitchen you are building is stunning and will be worth the pain of getting it finished.

This post was edited by greenhaven on Mon, May 5, 14 at 21:22

• amck2
    9 years ago

I admired this kitchen when it appeared in "Accent" magazine and over time it hasn't lost any of its appeal. Simply lovely in every detail.

Very cool to have it featured on the P&F site!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Lovely kitchen, the new owners will surely love it. I've been following along with your new build & you have made beautiful choices. Best wishes for a smooth move.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I agree with romy718 that your kitchen is lovely and did not become dated as you used classic doors and styling. I am sure the new owners will love it as you had a beautiful kitchen. I can't wait to see your new kitchen finished. Have a successful move and please keep us all updated.

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

your kitchen has been one of my favorites on here.
    good luck with the move - and post pics of the new one when you can.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

How exciting! It's very pretty but I must say I'm loving your new kitchen even more:)

• ellendi
    9 years ago

What oldbat said :)

• westsider40
    9 years ago

Wonderful to see one of ours recognized. Congratulations. It is warm and beautiful. Enjoy the new chapter. Ws

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

firsthouse--I'm confident the new owners will appreciate our kitchen. We've met them briefly and they said they knew what we had put into the house and appreciated the care we had taken.

greenhaven--I will love the new house in a totally different way. The current house had its issues so I'm welcoming a clean slate.

amck--So miss Accent! We will plan to have you over once we've settled. We're talking about having an open house. Just need to borrow Bee's plexiglass for the island!

romy--thanks for the kind words. I'm so thankful to have discovered GW and this amazing forum!

Lynn--I'm so ready to have this behind us. Wish I could wave my magic wand and everything would be packed. I guess that would be called movers! Alas, the movers will only be dealing with furniture. The rest is up to me.

steph--I never did post a true reveal of our current kitchen. Is it too late?

oldbat and Ellen--hope I have the same sentiment after we move in!

westsider--I was so thrilled yesterday when our KD forwarded me the link. She told me today that she had submitted photos a few years ago. She is one of their largest sellers, yet this was her first kitchen to appear on their site.

• dccurlygirl
    9 years ago

Hey, nhb -- might you have the dimensions of your kitchen? This might work for my space. Thanks and best wishes on your move!

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

dccurlygirl-It's 12.5' x ~17'. You can see the design on the blog I wrote during the reno on the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: nhbaskets blog

• dccurlygirl
    9 years ago

Your blog is a great resource. Thanks, nhbaskets.

• romy718
    9 years ago

NHbaskets-I remember Bee's post. It temporarily convinced me that marble or Superwhite wasn't for me. I ended up with marble & actually found someone that would custom cut plexiglass for me. I also explored Clearstone. I never got the plexiglass but have had great success remaining etch free by using RangeKleen Silverwave Counter Mats. I just whip a few out & cover my work area. They are padded so they don't scratch & are also heat resistant. You can't cut on them but I usually put one underneath my cutting board. I store them with my cutting boards & cookie sheets.

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Nhbaskets, your soon to be ex kitchen is lovely! It is a classic and no wonder it got picked even after five yrs. You must be excited to move to your new house. I would love to see a reveal when you settle down and can catch a breath.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio