Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bowyer123

ABB club, buh-bye! Backsplash is in..pics

bowyer123
10 years ago

It's been a while since I asked for help from fellow GW-ers, thank you for your ideas. We decided to keep our BS simple and let the granite be the star. We're very happy with how it turned out.

We weren't sure if we wanted longer tiles, wavy tiles or even colored tiles. We went with the pattern over the cook top to add some interest and break up the very long wall of tile. The wavy tiles were nice, but a bit busy...we weren't sure if we would like it long-term. The tile we chose is from Henry tile, 3" X 6" crackle-finish in their 'bone' color.

This post was edited by bowyer123 on Thu, May 16, 13 at 20:12

Comments (28)

• msrose
    10 years ago

I think you made the perfect choice!

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

that granite it to die for! You were right in going simple. Stunning stone!

• blondiesc
    10 years ago

Very nice! I'm going to do something very similar in my own kitchen. You've helped me to confirm my decision!

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Your backsplash is the perfect compliment to your stunning granite. The whole kitchen is absolutely fabulous. Congratulations on your graduation from ABB.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Wow! I love it! Welcome to the ABB alumni club. Hopefully we can inspire Breezy!

• sixtyohno
    10 years ago

So beautiful. I love the way the tile over the cook top repeats the rectangles on the doors.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    10 years ago

Great choice! It looks great.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Wow! Your whole kitchen is a star...just beautiful! Ok.....call me stupid, but what does ABB stand for....not sure if I'm an alumnus or not!

• Caya26
    10 years ago

Beautiful - you were right to keep your gorgeous granite as the focal point of your lovely kitchen.
    Love the simple, elegant backsplash tiles and pattern.

It all looks great!

• KBH
    10 years ago

@joanie - all but backsplash.

Kitchen is gorgeous and that granite is to die for. Perfect choice with the subways and just enough detail with the over the range framed section.

• rkb21
    10 years ago

Wow! Beautiful backsplash and I love your granite! Great choice!!!

• bowyer123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. I'll post the entire kitchen on a new thread this weekend.

• michoumonster
    10 years ago

wow, that granite is beautiful! great choice on backsplash. it really enhances the granite.

• Terri
    10 years ago

wow that is a gorgeous kitchen! Our cabs will be like yours with the smaller glass fronted ones above. And that granite!!! Good job!

• blfenton
    10 years ago

Perfect. The simple backsplash is the perfect backdrop to allow the combination of counter and lights to take center stage.

• jennifer11203
    10 years ago

Omg i am in love with your kitchen and your granite - would you happen to know the name of the granite? thanks so much - also this may be a dumb question but do you have high ceilings cause i love the look of the cabinets uptop..

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Thanks 35...I am an alumnus....my kitchen was finished in February of last year.....still love it!

• Sherrie Moore
    10 years ago

Beautiful granite! Beautiful choice for the backsplash too!

• kksmama
    10 years ago

Stunning, fabulous! Can you share dimensions of your island? And I second, or third, the request for the granite details - it was smart of you to let that star shine!

• bowyer123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Again, thank you for the compliments!

The ceilings are 10' tall
    The island is 9'-2"l X 4'-8"w
    The granite is called delicatus juparana.

We really love the granite. Originally we fell in love with something that was similar, but when the fabricator told us it was $60 more per square foot, we about died...it was 'exotic.' and priced accordingly.

So after that let-down, we kept searching and happened across this granite at the same yard. We put it on hold and were nervous about the cost. When the fabricator called, we were relieved. Not 'in budget,' but worth the few extra dollars to get what we really wanted. If you Google 'delicatus juparana' you can see many slabs and the differences between them. It's neat stone!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen! I love the granite counters which I fell in love with also until I saw the price! he counters work so nicely in your beautiful kitchen! I love the backsplash which does not compete with the beautiful counters. I love the cabinets. I love the island and the appliances. Thanks for sharing.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Love the granite, great choice!

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Ooo la la! Love your kitchen. Enjoy!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

The backsplash is perfect! Good choice to keep it simple.

• function_first
    10 years ago

Great backsplash -- I agree that it looks great without competing with your granite. Love, love, love that island -- both the cool granite, and the super cool sink/faucet. Neato kitchen ---- looking forward to the full reveal next week!

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

That is a gorgeous countertop as well! Wow!!

• marcy96
    10 years ago

Wow! Just gorgeous! Stunning kitchen! Enjoy!