Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_jan_gw

sweetd313

jan_jan
14 years ago

I'm dying to see your granite...can you post a picture PLEASE??!! :) I'm sure paintpanther would love it to. :)

Comments (14)

• sweetd313
    14 years ago

Hi JanJan,
    I haven't forgot. I had to get my camera that I loaned out. I'll post pictures tomorrow...uh today : )

d.

• sweetd313
    14 years ago

Hi JanJan..Sorry for the delay! I went to a wedding today...Ok, I'm not good with this posting pictures thing...there must be a better way to post a picture album from photobucket! Here are my shots...My kitchen isn't quite ready for GW "PrimeTime"..so please excuse the dust and fingerprints!! LOL!! I think you will love the Aran White, but I don't think it should cost more money! I have absolute black on the island, that's why I didn't post the entire kitchen.

• jan_jan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THANK YOU!! It is beautiful and so is that backsplash. Holy cow it's amazing. I can tell that stove looks FANCY. I'm going to have my same old crappy appliances. :) That granite really looks good with the dark cabinets and the stainless appliances. That was fun, thank you. :) I love pictures. I can't wait to see your whole complete kitchen. I appreciate the sneek peek.

• sweetd313
    14 years ago

You're welcome! Thanks for the compliments! It was fun posting a "sneak peak"..I'm almost ready to post a finished blog! Yea!
    I think you will love the granite..it's one of my favorite things in the kitchen.

• mom2reese
    14 years ago

oooh, love that granite & your sink!

• sweetd313
    14 years ago

Thanks Mom2Reese! Thank you for the backsplash!! LOL!!
    : )

• bebemau_gmail_com
    14 years ago

NICE!!!! Aran white does look as good as bianco antico. Thanks for the pictures!!

Is it the lighting or is it the stone, i think i do see just a tad bit of red?!?

Jan_Jan, have you decided?

• prill
    14 years ago

Can you tell me what your backsplash is? Granite looks beautiful. Thanks Priscilla

• teppy
    14 years ago

that granite looks so much like mine, i just had to reply.

tell me about the backsplash you chose. it seems to go with the granite nicely. i like the granite with the black cabinets too. did you say that you have absolute black or a black granite too in your kitchen?
    heres my granite. could they be the same?
    {{!gwi}}

• jan_jan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

paintpanther I emailed you, the title is "granite". :) I picked white Piracema...FINALYY! I'm so excited I finally picked a color. :)

• sweetd313
    14 years ago

Hello,
    Thanks guys for the compliments!
    Paintpanther..LOl! no red, I'm just terrible at taking pictures.. must be the lighting.
    The backsplash is Ohara natural (Sumi-E Tiles), and I totally stole the entire idea from Mom2Reese! Including the grout color- LOL! Thanks again Mom2Reese! LOL! It definitely gives the kitchen the wow factor that I was looking for.
    Teppy, your granite does look very similar to mine! In fact, I saw many Cold Springs granites while I was out shopping, but yours looks much warmer! Love it! : ) I do have absolute black on my island, and it goes nicely with the Aran creme because it does have some black in it as well. But the absolute black is a PAIN to keep clean! Aaargh!

• teppy
    14 years ago

i did absolute black too on my island. it does show more than the cold spring does as far as water spots. but, i just usually dry it off pretty fast with a dry towel. i find that the microfiber dish cloths work well though if you ring it out real well before wiping. i am anxious to see the larger view of your entire kitchen.

• mom2reese
    14 years ago

You're welcome! Though credit goes to my KD for pointing out the tile to me in the first place, and I guess to Lunada Bay since they were 4 months behind on the Hida Natural I originally was going to use, LOL.

I'm so glad you're happy with it!

• sweetd313
    14 years ago

I sure am hoping I can post pics soon, that would mean that I'm finished! Can't wait!
    Teppy, my problem with the absolute black is all the dust is shows (since I'm still renovating), hopefully, it won't be as bad when I'm finished.

Yes, Mom2Reese, thank your KD for me! LOL!!