Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vent hood baffle or mesh? Which one is better?

Posted by holly-kay (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 19:56

I emailed the appliance dealer and told him not to order the low end Zephyr because it only has 290CFM. I think it may have been Williamsem who said a higher one would be better as I can use a higher CFM on a lower setting to keep it from being too noisy. In researching I am running into both mesh filters and baffle filters. Are the baffle filters noise deadening or is it simply another means of filtering? I need to order my hood soon! Please weigh in on the matter!!! TYIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vent hood baffle or mesh? Which one is better?

Baffles filters are better at capturing grease and much easier to clean - you can throw them in the DW. Go with baffles.

o

Ty Weissman! That definitely is a good point for baffle style. I was leaning that way but just wasn't sure. I have researched venting but I still have a lot to learn!

o

I have baffles and I love them. Much easier to clean.

o

Thanks Eureka. I am going to go with a model that has baffles. I listed three for my appliance dealer. The Broan sounds like a great deal but the Zephyr Power Tempest is on my short list too.

o

Baffle filters are not noise deadening.
They are just a different type of filter.
Nothing against baffle filters, but good quality mesh filters can just as easily be run through the dishwasher.

o

Thanks Francoise, I wondered if that was the case.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here