Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overwhelmed by sink options -- recommendations please

Posted by rachelgoldberg (My Page) on
Tue, May 28, 13 at 19:46

We are starting a big addition on our house, including a new kitchen. I know we want an undermount and single basin sink. I don’t like the look or feel of stainless. Beyond that, I’m overwhelmed by the options for kitchen sinks. I was considering a white enamel over cast iron, but I was reminded by someone’s post about how pots often leave little grey strikes. Easily scrubbed out, but that’s always been a little annoying feature of white cast iron sinks. I recently came across posts of people raving about composite granite sinks. But the main brand people seem to like is Blanco Silgranite, and they only seem to offer sinks that are deeper than we’d like. Ideally, I’d like a sink with the basin about 8” deep (especially since it’s going to be an undermount) and the basin at least 27 long, and very easy maintenance. We’re getting quartz counters and I love the idea of the integrated quartz sink from silestone, but the dimensions are too small. Any recommendations for a sink that fits this criteria? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overwhelmed by sink options -- recommendations please

The grey marks in cast iron would be eliminated by using an appropraite ss sink grid. We are putting in a Kohler Whitehaven apron front sink and I ordered the sink grid last week in anticipation of the sink install.

o

I have the whitehaven with no grid and have yet to get any streaks from pots

o

I am really liking my new Silgranit single bowl sink. It's my favorite thing about my new kitchen. I got the stainless grid to go with it and think it's awesome. My husband even comments on how great the new set up is.

o

I've had a white cast iron sink for 20+ years --- no grid. I wash all my pots and pans in there, grill racks, etc. I usually clean the grid marks off with a scrubby sponge, and every now and then, put bleach in my sink. That does the trick.

o

I purchased a new Elkay Harmony E-Granite Sink for my kitchen remodel and I'm anxious to get it installed. They are a very beautiful sink!! I especially love the lower sink divider since we usually just used the sink for washing larger items, putting the dishes in the dish washer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here