Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyzkitchen

Kitchen Cabinet Order Problems

JoyzKitchen
10 years ago

I have been working with a local cabinet shop that sells cabinets and provides contractor services. I signed the contract at the end of the year to take advantage of a special pricing offer. There were a lot of delays on their part and we were running into a time crunch. The contractor placed my cabinet order without reviewing it with me and having me sign off on it. The cabinets have chamfered corners (which I did not want for the look I am going for) and they are a creamy white color and I wanted to get BM swiss coffee. At this point the contractor knows that this is his error. What should I do? I asked him to rebuild my cabinets or refund my money. He says that he can't afford to do either but if I want a refund he can make payments over a year. I am very upset that these decisions were made without me. What do you think I should do -- I can (a) ask for a refund and accept payments (b) accept the cabinets as is and negotiate the price (what I have paid to date which is 50%) or (c) I can accept the cabinets as is and have him repaint them if I don't like them and do additional work for me like wood flooring or remodel my powder room at no cost. Please let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas! Thank you

Comment (1)