Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Cabinet Order Problems

Posted by JoyzKitchen (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 19:46

I have been working with a local cabinet shop that sells cabinets and provides contractor services. I signed the contract at the end of the year to take advantage of a special pricing offer. There were a lot of delays on their part and we were running into a time crunch. The contractor placed my cabinet order without reviewing it with me and having me sign off on it. The cabinets have chamfered corners (which I did not want for the look I am going for) and they are a creamy white color and I wanted to get BM swiss coffee. At this point the contractor knows that this is his error. What should I do? I asked him to rebuild my cabinets or refund my money. He says that he can't afford to do either but if I want a refund he can make payments over a year. I am very upset that these decisions were made without me. What do you think I should do -- I can (a) ask for a refund and accept payments (b) accept the cabinets as is and negotiate the price (what I have paid to date which is 50%) or (c) I can accept the cabinets as is and have him repaint them if I don't like them and do additional work for me like wood flooring or remodel my powder room at no cost. Please let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas! Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Cabinet Order Problems

I just finished my kitchen. If I was happy with the cabinet quality and could get used to the color, I would negotiate the price down to the 50% of what you already paid.

My mistake through the process was I didn't give things enough time to grow on me before I decided it wasn't what I wanted. Several things went wrong with mine, but I have come to love the new space. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here