Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've chosen my marble, cabinet color and backsplash!

Posted by lexmomof3 (My Page) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 19:35

After agonizing over the decision of whether or not to do marble, I've finally decided to do honed Alabama White marble the perimeter. I decided about a month ago and I haven't looked back. I know it's the right decision for me, even with four kids. LOL. I will have a large island that will be done in black pearl. I've lived with an 8" x 8" piece of the marble for months and even with the imperfections (from me trying to chip it, stain it, etc) it's more beautiful than any of the granite I've looked at. It will be sealed with Dry Treat which they guarantee against staining for 15 years (we'll see about that). I eliminated the quartzite because I've only seen one I liked and it was almost twice as much as the marble and I know some still have problems with their quartzite. Anyway, I haven't had it installed yet (new construction) but I'm confident that I've made the right choice for me and I'm prepared for the imperfections. Just wanted to share! Here's a picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've chosen my marble, cabinet color and backsplash!

Here it is with the cabinet sample and backsplash.

o

Gorgeous combo!

o

Very pretty. I really like the subtle color of the BS.

o

That is going to look really nice! I put Alabama White on my hutch in the dinig room, and the master bath counter. Even with my 83 yo MIL getting coffee, using the MW, etc. (she cannot see when something drips or spills), I do not have any regrets.

Nancy

o

Hooray! Another marble lover!! I too am doing marble in my kitchen. Your marble is lovely. Please post pics when it is installed. Enjoy your beautiful new kitchen!

o

Beautiful! What is your backsplash? Really love the color!

o

geomeg - The backsplash is a milkglass that shimmers a light blue color.

o

Ooo.. I like that backsplash with the marble and cabinets. Very classy.

May I ask how much this marble is per sq. foot? I just got a $90.00/sq. ft on Cambria quartz.

o

deedles - Alabama White is $60/sq ft honed (which is what I'm getting). It's $55 polished.

o

Lovely slab of marble, lexmomof3. Congratulations on all your decisions, which look very nice together.

o

That is a very beautiful marble. I really like the veining and the soft color. It will be wonderful with your cabs and backsplash!

o

That is gorgeous!!! Love, love, love the combination! Keep us posted.

o

Too gorgeous!!
One of my all time favorite kitchens on Houzz uses this combination and it's exquisite! The milk glass is so dimensional and has that gorgeous touch of blue. Can't wait to see it installed!

o

Is it the Susan Jablon milk glass tile? I love that one! Your marble is beautiful and you are going to have a gorgeous kitchen!

o

Nice job! Can't wait to see it in action!
I know a lot of folks recommend waiting on the BS until the tile is in and then suffer from paralysis by analysis - I waited and it was helpful but GC kept pushing me to pick something.
Great job!

o

That marble is just delicious! I am considering Alabama myself... yours is wonderful! I can't wait to see the finished kitchen. You are doing Conestoga cabinets right? It will all come together so beautifully.

o

Cam76, yes that's Susan Jablon. I just love it!
a2gemini, I did things a bit backwards - I picked the backsplash first and designed the kitchen around it. LOL I do plan to order after the cabinets and marble are installed just to be sure but I'm pretty confident that this is the bs.

belle_va, yes, I'm doing beaded inset cabinets from Conestoga in frosty white. Brian at the cabinetjoint has been beyond patient with me. This is not a process for the faint of heart, nor one who is indecisive (shamefully blushing). :)

o

WOW! Lex, I had no idea they offered beaded inset. Really? Wow. Are you going to assemble and install them yourself? Or will your contractor? Did Conestoga send you a sample door for approval? How did they compare price wise to other brands you considered?

o

belle_va, I didn't get a whole door sample, just the large sample that is in the picture. Hubby and I will assemble them but our builder has a cabinet guy that will install them. The price is much better than any others I could find. My kitchen is around $13,500 from Conestoga but was anywhere from $20-30k+ from other places.

o

I love the marble. Can't wait to see it installed.

o

This is a beautiful marble. I love the soft pulses and color. It will be great and the rear wall and their stalls! This is beautiful I love it. You've done a great job

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here