Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarina_gw

Pantry off kitchen

Sarina
10 years ago

Has anyone built in pullouts in the pantry and if did , did you do it yourself or have someone build it? I want to do them in my walk in pantry and take out the wire shelves in my new house . If anyone has an pictures of cool things they did to their pantry would love to see it, thanks :)

Comments (6)

• gpraceman55
    10 years ago

Our cabinet maker is putting some pullouts in our pantry cabinet. Of course, that was an added feature that we had to pay for.

If you are looking to add pullouts into an existing cabinet, I have seen some online retailers (Home Depot, Rockler, Rev-a-Shelf, etc.) carry units that you can install.

• fouramblues
    10 years ago

We have pullout baskets (rev-a-shelf) on one wall:

And on the other wall, we have a broom closet section, a wine rack that we'll eventually replace with a refrigerator, and a counter-height box with IKEA soft-close drawers. (No pic, sorry.) DH built the entire pantry to my specs!

The combination of adjustable shelves and pullouts gives me everything I need in my pantry.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is nice . I want that kind of thing too with pullouts :) Did he get the shelves pre-made and then add the pulouts?

• BartellMike
    10 years ago

Love "fourams" pantry. I am sure the pull out baskets were a stock size. Notice there were no rollouts in the center section. The way for a DIYer to do this is to order the rollouts in the size desired then build the outer sections to the dimension required. The center section will be the variable and the size is not dictated by an off-the-shelf accessory requiring a specific dimension. Keep in mind, rollouts make a space more accessible but they do take up space and any rollout above eye level is not practical.

• fouramblues
    10 years ago

Yes, BartellMike, that's exactly how DH built it.

I love the look of the baskets, but the wicker on one has a small break in it. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably go with the IKEA komplement wire baskets, or something of the kind. WAAAY less expensive and less prone to breakage, I imagine. Also note: mine aren't full extension. That would be something worth searching for.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes what I was thinking is sections side by side . Build the boxes then have hubby do shelves for support . Basically just what I have in current kitchen only just built into a box we paint that will be inside the pantry. Doing two sections side by side I could do pullouts on lower part of about four.one side four other side. The above that dividers for trays and stuff. I was not sure people did that in walk in's though had never seen a picture. Basically trying to get proof so I can say see they did it :) If I did them on the very back wall of walk in then I could do them about 18 inches deep built in a 20 inch depth box that would allow for the hardware. I hope I have enough room in new place need to go measure soon. If not enough room for two surely there should be room for at least one .