Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizlizzie_gw

Enhancing and sealing tile?

MizLizzie
10 years ago

So, my backsplash will go in next week most likely. Very nervous. My field tile is Rixi. But within it I am using 4 little rows of mosaic accent tile which is made up of red-brown glass and bits of marble. I really want the veins to pop and the marble to darken. Based on all the good archive advice here, I've decided to enhance it piece by piece before it goes up. Tedious, but my tile guy didn't seem to want to do it, and said it would get grease all over the glass tiles.

Whatever. So I am going to just pull up to my workbench and use little brushes or Q-tips to enhance just the marble bits. It's only 10 sq. ft, and less than 35% are stone. So, manageable. My question is, will the 511 seal it at the same time? Or will the tile guy still need to do that?

And is this a crazy idea? The folks at Best Tile were wetting it to show me the look the enhancer would give me, and it really matched my Cambria dead-on when it was wet. Only so-so when dry. I don't care whether it is glossy or not; just want the darkening effect. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments (3)