Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Type of tile behind stove

Posted by Bethtrn (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 19:14

HELP!! We are remodeling our kitchen. We have chosen blue pearl granite countertops and will also want to use honed white carrera marble subway tiles as the backsplash. Our small kitchen island will also have the honed white carrera marble top. What should I do about the backsplash behind the stove? I am afraid if I use the marble it will be a nightmare keeping it clean. Should I scrap the idea of using marble as a backsplash altogether? If so, what could I use? I still want the white marble on the kitchen island. Please respond withmyour ideas. Thanks so much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Type of tile behind stove

I had picked out this gorgeous water jet cut marble for behind my stove and my tile guy said I was nuts - every grease splash would mark it and it would be a nightmare keeping it nice, given that it's in such a prominent place there's nowhere to hide marks. But I still dream of it - it was truly gorgeous. I've attached a pic as I just love looking at it, lol. We are going to do stainless 2/3 of the way up - to the shelf, then glass mosaic above. I would consider the marble there as it wouldn't get as dirty.

I know there are sealed marbles that maybe wouldn't have as many issues, but I'm not such a great cleaner and I'm a professional procrastinator, so it wasn't a good fit for me.

I love your idea of the blue pearl with the Carrera backsplash under the cabinets, though. Sounds beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here