Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coastal_modern_love

VOTE on cabinet pulls & knobs placement...pics!

So I took the plunge and bought all 70-ish of my knobs and pulls, and they just came in today!!! I LOVE these more than I thought I would. They are solid and heavy and cool and just the right accent piece this kitchen needed. So not to bore you all with the same pics of my coastal kitchen, I will just send a few sample pics of a cabinet door so I can get opinions on placement.

I originally planned to have the pulls centered on the drawer's panel. But after sampling it this way it just doesn't look right, is it just me? I have 2 options for pulls and 2 for knobs.

Please tell me which placement works better here. It is one of the few last details holding me up.

pull #1

pull #2

knob #1

knob #2

And again...

Comments (20)

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Knobs were much more complicated than I expected, both choice and placement. First, very lovely substantial knobs. My preference for the pulls is the second photo, for looks (I find the small pull in the large sea of wood not my favorite but honestly it looks nice in both configuration) but more for function, because you don't have to reach down so far to pull the drawer out.

For knobs, I usually prefer the first option, but your knob bases are larger and bleed from the corner into the rail so think asthetically it looks better in the second photo. I have a stronger preference on the knob location than the handle, but none of your choices look bad. Good luck.

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

Pull 2 for me. I imagine that you would have to bend down kind of low with option 1. Now to knobs... again, I prefer the higher placement.

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

celine-I tried the pull in the 1/3 center of panel and it looked a bit off like it was a mistake. OT- because I had all brushed finishes I chose to go brushed in the finish here also. BUT, if you have polished finishes they look amAzing in polished!

• sparklekitty
    13 years ago

Knobs were much more complicated than I expected, both choice and placement. First, very lovely substantial knobs. My preference for the pulls is the second photo, for looks (I find the small pull in the large sea of wood not my favorite but honestly it looks nice in both configuration) but more for function, because you don't have to reach down so far to pull the drawer out.

For knobs, I usually prefer the first option, but your knob bases are larger and bleed from the corner into the rail so think asthetically it looks better in the second photo. I have a stronger preference on the knob location than the handle, but none of your choices look bad. Good luck.

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

I like the higher pull placement. The higher knob looks better too but bring it down just a bit so that the backplate lines up from the top the same as the pull. You want them to be on the same level. IMO :>)

Nancy

• home4all6
    13 years ago

I'm no expert, but here's my opinion...

Are those ALL drawers on your range wall? Because if they are, and they will all have the same pulls, I think you should go with mid-drawer, like pull #1. Your drawers won't be squares, they will be rectangles. And on the smaller top-row drawers, I don't think it will look right to have the pulls on the top rail..it's too small for that big pull. and then too close to the next drawer down. If they are centered on those center panels, uniformly on the face of the drawer, I think it will look more pleasing to the eye.

For those long, skinny cabinet doors, maybe it would look better to put the knobs closer to the corner? Try to photoshop it into your picture to get a better idea. I just don't think the square door-frame is giving you the right look to test it properly...

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

All drawers on range wall lowers. Also notice the seam in the corner of the cabs. I have to avoid this seam when attaching the knobs. I figured in knob choice #2 I should line up the top of pull with frame so visually they are on the same level.

• celineike
    13 years ago

ok, re-voting...
    Knob #2 for sure.
    and Centered pulls since they will be mostly rectangles.

and yes, Im getting the polished nickel! so yeay! glad they are cool too!

• Adrienne2011
    13 years ago

Hi there! Here is my vote:
    I like pull #2 for a drawer, and knob #2 for a cabinet.
    Now, I want a little sticker with a flag that says I voted.
    :o)

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A- will you settle for my thanks?!?

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

i like pull #2 much better. (And I think I have just answered this same question for my kitchen now--thanks!)

The knobs are harder. Neither look wrong. OTOH, neither look right either.

But I love the hardware!!

• LongIslandBeachGal
    13 years ago

I vote for the higher placement on both the pulls and the knobs. Awesome hardware, by the way!

• aliris19
    13 years ago

I vote for pull #2 and a strong knob #2 - I like the way knob #2 covers the corner seam.

• mrshanson1
    13 years ago

I like the kobs and pulls all the way up....that's my decision

• Kathy F
    13 years ago

I'm not at the knob/pull phase yet, so forgive my newbie questions. Which are you putting on drawers vs. doors? I would guess the knobs will go on the upper doors and the pulls on the drawers, but knowing would help. Also, for the doors, won't you be putting the hardware near the bottom, not near the top?

In any case, I think I would prefer the drawer hardware in the middle of the center panel and the door hardware where #2 is, but upside down. :)

And those are lovely knobs; would you please share what they are called and where you got them?

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Katkat- good observation! I realized this mornIng that I should have sampled the knob on the lower corner! The pulls are for all lowers and the knobs on all uppers and sink base. They are from PB.

• crunchysue
    13 years ago

Hi,

I'll cast a vote for knob and pull #2.

Please excuse my newbness, but when you say, "They are from PB," what is PB?

Thanks!

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pottery Barn

• robynkf
    12 years ago

It doesn't look like there would be enough room on your top drawers to center the pulls on the recessed flat portion of the drawers, so maybe that will dictate where you place them?