Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008_gw

Layout options?

debrak_2008
13 years ago

I posted my layout before but didn't really have any options. Now DH has given my more to work with. This space is part old and part new. Some of it is gutted and its a mess. None of these plans are what we have now.

Here is the currently proposed layout. I'm sorry it is so small. Every time I try to make it bigger it gets smaller.

{{!gwi}}

The refrigerator sticks out past the wall its on and we would have to build a wall around it. Don't really want to do that as it will block part of the view from the dining/living room through the kitchen to the back yard.

#1 layout from the architect was to have the stove on the left side of the sink. This gives me only about 8"" of counterspace on each side.

#2 a KD gave us the idea of putting the stove at an angle in the corner of the sink wall/refrig wall. Several other cabinet stores warned us not to do it as it is a nightmare to install. This is completely DIY, elec., plumb., everything.

#3 new KD gave us the layout you see with the stove on the right side of the sink. With or without extending the refrig wall.

#4 the new KD also suggested puting the stove on the refrig wall and the refrig on the left side of the sink. DH did not want to do this as outside venting is an issue. If we do this we will have exposed ductwork on our entry way ceiling.

The sink must stay in front of the window, DW can be on either side of the sink. No cabinets can go on the back/window wall due to low windows. I do not need alot of cabinets. I want dishes and pots in drawers. Microwave must not be over stove. Currently the plumbing and electrical is set up for the corner range plan.

What would you choose?

Comments (4)