Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohpup

Got the keys to the new kitchen toay!!!!!!!!

poohpup
11 years ago

OMG! I'm so thrilled I can hardly stand it. Contractor said he expected to finish up today and would hand over the keys, so to speak. lol Came home today to find the kitchen cleaned up and not a tool in site! And . . . WOW!!! This is the first time I've been able to see it without the covered floors, plastic sheeting and tools everywhere. It looks amazing. They still have some work to do like some molding that they ran out of and the back splash and a couple of minor things. Plus I need to paint.

I asked the kids (6 and 11) what they wanted for their first meal in the new kitchen and they have requested turkey meatloaf, roasted potatoes, artichokes and chocolate cake. My daughter is at a friends this evening so we'll be having that for dinner tomorrow night. I'll be spending the weekend moving in!!

Comments (53)

• poohpup
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, can't stand it. Here are some pictures. Pics aren't the greatest as it is a gloomy dark day here and I don't have all the lighting in yet. So it isn't done done, but here it is in all its almost done glory . . .

You can see the missing molding in the cabs above my speed oven.

My beee-u-t-ful sinks! *swoon*

My new peninsula and eating bar.

Thrilled to have double ovens again!

Can't forget my new fridge in all its roomy gloriousness. Or glorious roominess. lol

• Mistman
    11 years ago

No hood for the cooktop??

• theultimatebikerchic
    11 years ago

OMG that is the nicest kitchen I have ever seen! You have exquisite taste. Enjoy!

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

Congrats!! It's beautiful! You must be THRILLED : )

• Susied3
    11 years ago

WOW that is BREATHTAKING!! It's actually making me want to get up and go work on mine! LOL

LOVE that picture shot of the Mama and the Papa they look so nice together.

And that chandelier! IT just looks like the cherry on top!

Wow, congratulations......

Go pop some popcorn or something so it will smell like cooking going on. :)

• clarygrace
    11 years ago

Spectacular!!! Congratulations and kudos to you for designing such a beautiful kitchen!!! that countertop says it all...enjoy for many years to come with family and friends!!!!

• lara9143
    11 years ago

WOW! I LOVE your new kitchen! What an absolutely beautiful space - have fun cooking in it. Are you going to put a hood over the peninsula btw? I only ask because we are debating about the same thing ourselves as we redo our own kitchen.

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

gorgeous!

I will be right over for dinner ;)

• lavender_lass
    11 years ago

Mistman- I'm sure it's a downdraft...who would want to block the view of the fireplace and TV?

Poohpup- It's beautiful! I love the chandelier...and I'm really not a 'chandelier in the kitchen' kind of gal...but that's wonderful. Great cabinets and countertop, too and the appliances...all those ovens, so much fun you're going to have in your new kitchen! :)

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

HOW EXCITING!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! ENJOY YOUR FIRST MEAL IN YOUR WONDERFUL NEW KITCHEN!!!! AND MANY MORE TO COME!!!!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Oh my it turned out so well! I have watching your selections along the way and they even look more stunning all put together. You have done a wonderful job of putting together a truly beautiful and unique kitchen. It's just gorgeous!

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

That chandelier is magnificent. Great choice.

• poohpup
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the nice comments. I am so thrilled. :)

I don't have a hood over the peninsula. Went with a downdrft instead. That was my biggest concession in the kitchen remodel. I have a funky layout with all the odd angles and two doors that bring traffic through the kitchen. I'd planned on going with a range but would have had to have my back to the rest of the house while cooking or place it in the walkway. Didn't really want a range in the first place as I don't like cooking over hot ovens and don't like having the eovens on the floor. The peninsula solved that issue. Now I can cook while interacting with my family and my ovens aren't on the floor. I didn't want a hood closing off the space plus it would have caused issues with the storeage in the attic above, so I went with a downdraft. The cooktop was in the island before and I had a downdraft. Not the perfect solution but the best for me.

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I've loved seeing everyone's completed kitchens and it is so fun to be able to show off my almost completed kitchen. :)

• biochem101
    11 years ago

That is the *BEST* granite ever.

• AnnaA
    11 years ago

The colors and designs from your cabinets to your granite - AND your creative design to maximize that space ... All of it is an amazing work of art. Beautiful!

Welcome home!

• joyce_6333
    11 years ago

Wow! When you first starting posting individual elements, I was scratching my head trying to envision what it would all look like. Spectacular job!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

I will join Pharoah at that dinner!!!

Glorious, absolutely glorious!!!

• denali2007
    11 years ago

How exciting! It's beautiful. Love the Chaney, very classy

• rhome410
    11 years ago

Very fancy! Thanks for sharing the photos. Enjoy!

• deedles
    11 years ago

Wow, Pooh... your sinks are beautiful! Very dramatic, lovely kitchen. How exciting for you! Have fun this weekend!

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing pics of your beautiful kitchen! I think that just about every element of your kitchen is a show-stopper, but they all get along so nicely. Amazing overall effect.

• lara9143
    11 years ago

I get why you went with the downdraft option, it definitely works in your space and keeps everything open! Good job once again, looks amazing - enjoy it! :)

• ayerg73
    11 years ago

That is a beautiful kitchen! I love the colors you picked out. And those sinks - wow!

Great job picking everything out. Enjoy it!!!

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Oh my! Your kitchen is so beautiful. The chandelier is amazing.
    Great choices!

• aries61
    11 years ago

A beautiful kitchen. I liked the new kitchen in your old house too. Curious on what species and stain color were used on the cabinets?

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Pooh - that is one beautiful kitchen - Zowie!!!!
    Impressive! How did that meal go?
    Love everything about your kitchen (especially that Waterstone!) and the granite.
    I asked DH what he wanted me to cook for our first meal - he wants salmon burgers on the grill. Darn, I can't seem to find any....

Also how wide is your widest drawer and how wide are your single handles (center to center) - supposed to have mine installed tomorrow....

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

It is gorgeous, even unfinished. How exciting to be so close to the finish line too. I love all your counters and that gorgeous chandelier.

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

wow stunning and elegant kitchen! congrats! cannot wait to see the final pics!

• poohpup
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You're all invited to dinner. I'll make a really big meatloaf for Saturday dinner. :)

The chandelier is from Ballard Designs and I already had it. It was hanging in my dining room and I thought it would be perfect for the kitchen. Now I need to replace the one in the dining room.

aries61, I loved my old kitchen and it was so hard to leave it after a year. The cabs in that kitchen were cherry with a custom stain and a glaze.

A2gemini, my largest drawers are 36" and I went with a 6" pull. Lovin' my Waterstone faucets!

• Linda
    11 years ago

How elegant!!! And your granite is gorgeous! And so many drawers! You are going to have so much fun with everything -- enjoy!!

• total_remodel
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Everything looks awesome. Great job :-)

• eriepatch
    11 years ago

It really is spectacular Poohpup
    You must be so excited!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Looks fantastic... Went back and looked at the pictures twice, admiring, and THEN noticed that backsplash is not in place. I don't know that you need one!

Hope you get to cook that meal tonight! My kids love artichokes too:)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

What time is dinner?

Your kitchen turned out fabulous. Congrats and enjoy many many meals with your family in it!

Bee

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! as i knew it would be...you have exquiste taste, i must say. the granite, the sinks, the colors, just beautiful.... love the window over the sink...love the "feel" and "warmth" of it...actually love it all..

enjoy for many years to come and have fun making lots of wonderful memories. all the best!!!

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

It's gorgeous. Every detail is perfect. It shows so much thought. I love the angles and the colors. Good luck.
    Laura

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Those fancy-pancy corbels are perfect!!
    You know, that missing molding in the pics looks like it's on purpose. [LOL]

You certainly are a ornate kind of chick, aren't you? And it all looks so beautiful together. I am so tailored, it's shocking how warm and rich I find your kitchen. Usually I'm distracted and anxious around so much detail. I could pull up a stool and hunker down with a glass of wine just fine in there!

Enjoy your wonderful kitchen and 1st family dinner.
    Great job!

• finestra
    11 years ago

Beautiful! The granite is awesome and really sets off the cabinets and the sinks! At first I thought the missing trim on the cabinets was a two tone effect and was scratching my head! This is a wonderful kitchen. Great Job! Enjoy.

• tea4all
    11 years ago

Your counter and chandelier are stunning!! Everything is so beautiful. I think if I were you, I'd just sit for days smiling. Enjoy.

• poohpup
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks again for all the lovely comments. It is so wonderful to have somewhere to go where others can understand and celebrate. Hard to believe this day has come.

Tea4all, you're right, I'm supposed to be moving back into the kitchen and I find myself just staring and smiling. :)

CEFreeman, I definitely am an ornate kind of chick. My house really wanted this type of kitchen. That's probably why I loved my house so much when I first saw it. The house has a lot of woodwork and molding and high ceilings with lots of detail. And then the previous owners painted it all white so you can't see any of the detail. Now that the kitchen is mostly done, I'm looking forward to finishing painting the rest of the house so all the gorgeous woodwork will pop. And you are welcome to come hunker down it kitchen with a glass of wine anytime! Red or white? :)

• Painted_Nest
    11 years ago

I am beaming ear to ear....and coveting LOL....wow, the warmth of the space is thrilling ! So happy for you>Gorgeous.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Pooh - I just drool when I see your kitchen. What did you decide on your backsplash?

• twoscoops
    11 years ago

Gotta say it: your kitchen is over the top gorgeous! You certainly pulled it all together in a big way~love the layout and the fact that whether you are standing at the sink or the stovetop, you've got a beautiful view. Congrats!

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    11 years ago

Wow! This has to be one of the most stunning kitchens I have ever seen. The workmanship is outstanding. Dino

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Pooh!
    Wonderful - now just get that oven problem under control and you are set for a long time!!
    Love your kitchen!!
    You have been my inspiration during my remodel!

• pqsmom
    11 years ago

Love your style! Can u share What granite and sink styles you have?

• poohpup
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks pqsmom. The granite is Magma Supreme with a leathered finish. The main sink is a 36" Rachiele copper farmhouse single bowl. The prep sink is an 18" Rachiele copper.

• rosie
    11 years ago

You really have created a wonderfully inviting place, Poohpup. I can see a neighbor schmoozing over a glass of wine as comfortably as a noisy family divvying up the pizza. Sadly, our house in our climate requires a fan, but if the chance arises I'll have a chandelier in some kitchen someday. That's on my long-view list. :) Happy cooking!

• bahacca
    11 years ago

My first thought was "Look at that Magma granite!!" It is one of my favorites, but with my cabinets, my cabinets got swallowed up. You did a beautiful job doing darker granite with darker cabinets.
    It is absolutely stunning. Have fun with your new baby!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Pooh - I drool everytime I see you kitchen!!!
    I can't get enough of it!!