Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bahacca_gw

FINALLY got paint-now need help with fireplace

bahacca
10 years ago

So, several months after b/s install we finally decided on paint color. Lucky me got to do the honors since the quote came back WAY too high for me to swallow. So now our beautiful brown walls HIGHLIGHT and old, ugly white brick fireplace.
So-question is-what would you do with the fireplace now? Cheapest thing I can think of is to paint it the color of the wall to "hide" it again. Covering with tile or slab are possibilities, but what would you use? Our granite in the kitchen is emerald pearl, so basically black, so, IMO, too dark to go there. I originally wanted my kitchen a darker granite with whites in it that was really flowing like Spectrus-would that work or still too dark? You guys are the best on the web with materials and colors, so thought I'd ask you all for input. Stone slab, even using remnants will be about $1500 for a Spectrus grade material. FWIW, they have remnants of FUSION that I may get for our master bedroom fireplace;-)

Kitchen-yep-it's lived in. Get over it!LOL And the window needs a simple valance. I'm working on it:-)

closeup of b/s and new paint so you know i'm not crazy for picking the color-goes REALLY well with our accent tiles

The room I Love--except the stinking fireplace!

The offender

Comment (1)