Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bostonians...need your 'secret rolodex'

Posted by navi_jen (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 19:04

Bostonians (aka fsteph, Marcolo, bostonpam, sharonite, chiefy76, beachpea3, oldbat2be, mjocean)

I have just started started on my big, likely 2 or 3 phased project for my tiny little 1928 farmhouse in the near NW 'burbs (inside Rt. 128)....just signed a letter of intent for my architect's first phase (existing layout). I hope the project phases will be thus:

#1. Kitchen/Bath renovation, replacing of heating & plumbing
#2. Add 2 story addition off the side, including (hopefully) a garage, family room, 1/2 bath down and master bedroom upstairs.

If you guys have recommendations for any tradesmen, provider, retail outlet, architectural salvage store, dog walker (just kidding), surveyer, landscape designer, or whatever....could you post it here or PM me? I've only been in the house 2 years, and I'll be honest, I haven't had the best of luck with A rated Angie's list contractors.

I love my electrician and may have found a floor guy (who is very expensive) but other than that, I need any and all help you are willing to provide. I even wouldn't mind any old house architect recommendations, just in case my guy doesn't cut it.

Thanks, nervous Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bostonians...need your 'secret rolodex'

Hi Jen,

I'm in Acton, so a little further out than you.. My kitchen remodel is being done by a fantastic KD and her husband is the GC, they are in Littleton, not sure if I can post names here so I will PM you.
Also have a good plumber to suggest. It's really hard to find reliable people!

Steph

o
RE: Bostonians...need your 'secret rolodex'

Hi Navi,
My kitchen project is in Edgartown so I can't be much help with trades people. However, I do highly recommend Faneuil Kitchen Cabinets if you are planning custom cabinets. They do beautiful work and are a pleasure to work with at every step of the process. Their phone # is (781) 740-8844. You my want to try reaching out to Soibean, I think she lives closer to you and was very happy with her GC.
Best of luck with your project.
MJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here