Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
navi_jen

Bostonians...need your 'secret rolodex'

navi_jen
10 years ago

Bostonians (aka fsteph, Marcolo, bostonpam, sharonite, chiefy76, beachpea3, oldbat2be, mjocean)

I have just started started on my big, likely 2 or 3 phased project for my tiny little 1928 farmhouse in the near NW 'burbs (inside Rt. 128)....just signed a letter of intent for my architect's first phase (existing layout). I hope the project phases will be thus:

#1. Kitchen/Bath renovation, replacing of heating & plumbing
#2. Add 2 story addition off the side, including (hopefully) a garage, family room, 1/2 bath down and master bedroom upstairs.

If you guys have recommendations for any tradesmen, provider, retail outlet, architectural salvage store, dog walker (just kidding), surveyer, landscape designer, or whatever....could you post it here or PM me? I've only been in the house 2 years, and I'll be honest, I haven't had the best of luck with A rated Angie's list contractors.

I love my electrician and may have found a floor guy (who is very expensive) but other than that, I need any and all help you are willing to provide. I even wouldn't mind any old house architect recommendations, just in case my guy doesn't cut it.

Thanks, nervous Jen

Comments (2)