Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coastal_modern_love

pics of my cabinet hardware and counters!

Finally! And with so much DRAMA. My head is spinning from all the problems! It's been so easy up until now the home stretch is killing me! Can you see the terrible honing job on the counter (kitchen sink area)? It looks great other than that and a $H*TTY seam in a horrible spot. Anyway- I've already vented this in another thread. I'm OK now-really!

Comments (18)

• kadydid
    12 years ago

I really like it, I really LOVE the hardware. They're really nice, but its not the norm either which is nice to see.

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Look where they *decided* was the right hole for my kitchen faucet. Please tell me, where would you have placed it? Front hole or back hole!?!?! Maybe if I speak in this language they will pay attention! And shouldn't the handle to the faucet be at the 3:00 position, NOT the 6:00?

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My frustration came out a bit harsh. And sorry for the innuendo, but I just sometimes assume *they* are using my same logic or know what I am thinking. Everything needs to be written down. I know. The fuzzy pics help though!

• ZacsDaddy
    12 years ago

Great hardware ... but I'm in love with the sink! To me, the faucet looks great -- and I like the positioning.

• celineike
    12 years ago

Hardware looks great!
    I've been waiting to see what you ended up doing here.
    I'll be using the same pulls for my garbage and recycling drawers at least. But I'm still very undecided on the whole kitchen.
    The details can be so hard when you are TKO

It actually all looks great from the pics -haven't read your other thread yet. :0( sounds not so good.
    Take care

• domesticah
    12 years ago

Wow..is that the pottery barn pulls? They look awesome!! congrats, everything looks lovely.

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes! The famous pulls. I went with the frame placement because they looked too busy in the center of panel. I am happy with the look!

• flwrs_n_co
    12 years ago

Coastal, your kitchen and bath look great! Love your pulls and knobs! Perfect placement!

I'm sorry your fabrication didn't go moothly. Sayde had the same trouble with her marble and her DH smoothed them out. I've included a link to the thread where she describes how he did it. I hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Resurfacing marble thread

• drdannie
    12 years ago

Coastal - I, too LOVE your hardware. Wonderful choice and I agree with ZacsDaddy - I love the positioning of your kitchen faucet. Wish I had thought of something like that. It's hard to tell the problems with your counter from the pics you posted - but like most of us, you're going to look at things much more critically than the anyone ele. All I see is an absolutely gorgeous kitchen.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Coastal, it looks great! How is the quality of the pulls? Seems like I remember someone being disappointed by the quality of some PB pulls a few weeks ago. The placement looks good.

Is that a Kohler sink? I've never seen it before.

Both rooms look beautiful. You're making a great vacation house. And so different than your other house!

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

Very pretty.

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So glad to hear that you like the faucet placement. I was going to have them switch it with the soap. But do you think the handle should on the right? (3:00 position?) It seems a bit awkward to have the handle where it is. The quality of the pulls (so far!) seems very good. They are solid and have a smooth finish. I was very pleased with the hefty feel. Thanks for the link on resurfacing- I am going to check it out! My sink is a cast iron Kohler Indio. First cast iron for me ever. I just love the look of it with the marble. Let's hope it holds up well!

• littleitaly
    12 years ago

Take a deep breath CML, you're almost there! And everything from this end looks so beautiful, calm & refreshing =)

I love your sink, and I think the faucet placement is perfect. I wouldn't want it closer to the front of the counter. And "I think" the handle position when off is per the faucet specs - most I've seen are straight up when off, and forward/back for hot/cold.

I love your hardware too, and where you placed it is very unique - great choice!

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

littleitaly- thanks! But maybe you misunderstood. I wanted the faucet in the back hole location (where the soap dispenser is) and thought the handle should be to the right instead of facing me. It DOES belong in the up position when off, just thought to turn the whole unit 45* counterclockwise. I know I shouldn't let the minor details get to me at this late in the game. I'm glad you like the hardware placement. I got mixed opinions when asking for help on this one. Most said center placement but I went with top. If only I could decide on floor stain now!! Special Walnut or Coastal Gray? Can't decide which I like more- the darkness of walnut or the aged gray driftwood look. My last decision, and the most difficult!! Can't wait to be done!

• littleitaly
    12 years ago

Sorry CML, your last post wasn't there when I posted my message.

Ok, so I have been staring at you sink setup for 5 minutes now and thinking about your questions (lol). I think all of your questions are a matter of personal choice and what feels most comfortable to you and others that will be using it. I like the faucet and handle on right because (a) I'm right handed, so the handle on right is easier for me to reach and (b) because I use a faucet more than the soap so I would want it closer to me.

btw - Glad I saw this post - I haven't purchased/installed my faucet yet so it got me thinkin of the how's & why's ahead of time. Thanks. =)

• paige16
    12 years ago

I'm actually glad I have a headache and can't focus on your faucets but I do think you've achieved a wonderful look. I'm voting for the driftwood stain for the floors. I'm sure both would look nice but since it sounds as though you're near water I think that fact coupled with the white look of your wood and cabinetry and also your handles will be a great match with the driftwood unless you think you want to be a little more formal.

• annachosaknj6b
    12 years ago

CML, I see what you mean about the faucet/soap positioning. I think you're right; from the pic it seems as though it would be awkward to reach over the much larger faucet to get to the soap dispenser, and that angling the faucet 45 degrees would make it easier to reach around the soap dispenser if it's in front.

Everything else looks abslutely beautiful! Such a calm and classic kitchen.

• littleitaly
    12 years ago

We must be typing in sync because your posts keep coming up before mine but I don't see them til after I hit the ole SUBMIT button.

You're right, I did misunderstand your first message. I like your idea of switching the soap/faucet and then angling the faucet 45 degrees - clever! As long as the faucet can still function that way I think it would work (and look) great.

RE: "I know I shouldn't let the minor details get to me at this late in the game." ... "Minor", what's that??? LOL, if I could only tell you how many times I have received what looks like the roll of the eyes from people when I bring up the "minor" details. I finally dragged a couple of people to the granite Warehouses with me so they could see for themselves how difficult it is to pick granite when you have a million beautiful stones to chose from sitting in poorly lit conditions with no price tags on them. After that, I rested my case! As exciting as this all has been, it has also been as equally overwhelming. Like you, I so can't wait til it's over!!

About the floor stain color - Can you create samples of each? The only way I'd be able to decide is to see it on the floor next to my cabinets and in different lighting. If you do make samples, make sure it's using the same wood you will be applying it to (diff woods pick up stain color differently).