Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling all white cabinet lovers- what colors did you paint your

Posted by owataqt (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 18:42

What color and share photos if you would be so kind.. please did you paint your kitchens. Have to narrow down the kitchen color tommorrow.
Those that have white cabinets ...would love to see.

Huggles

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling all white cabinet lovers- what colors did you paint y

Sorry I don't have any photos. My walls are gold and cabinets are biscotti with cocoa glaze (cream with light brown glaze). Almost any color goes with gold.

o

we painted our cabinets SW Divine White and the walls are SW Latte.
Not the best pic..sorry

Here is a link that might be useful: paint colors

o

SW Dover White. Sorry no pics handy. It's quite creamy.

o

Here's a shot of our black & white kitchen.

The walls are a 50/50 mix of BM Pigeon Grey & Metallic Silver.
The color you choose may depend on a number of factors, including style of home, color of adjoining rooms, amount of natural light, color of countertops, etc.
Keep in mind that paint color is the easiest and least expensive change you can make.
So don't worry too much about your color choice and post some pics when you're finished.

o

This is the best picture showing the color we chose - SW Rain.
It just makes me happy to be in there.

2012-04-24_15-55-54_163

o

Ben Moore's Linen White... its warm, almost creamy is low lighting. Not a stark white by any stretch of the imagination. You should be able to find ample white kitchens on this site if you have time to search before tomorrow.

Shot of island....
DSCF0582

Sorry, old pics :/
DSCF0587

o

This article on is Houzz really well done and shows the differences in whites so well. I just loved it.

here's the link
http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/416809/list/How-to-Pick-the-Right-White-Paint

i have an "antique" white cabinet coming and I CANNOT WAIT!!!

o

White Dove from Valspar, but I had it color matched at SW. It's a little creamier than BM Dove White, but not as creamy as SW Creamy. Those were the two I was torn between so when I saw the Valspar I thought it was perfect since it was right in between.

I would try and decide if you want a true white or a creamy white. Do you have an idea of what you want your kitchen to look like when you're done? Have you chosen your granite?

o

My cabinets are being painted marscapone ..I have been painting them since Friday- still not done..ayayyaa..got the bead board up on the island, going to lowes tommorrow to get the backsplash tile, either off white or white..not sure yet
And was going to pick up the paint for my walls, their a rusty red right now, and Iam so tired of the red walls.

Just wanted to see what you painted on your walls, rather u popped it with light colors or dark colors or another type of white.

Thank you all for sharing your photos with me
Huggles

Love all the colors. Thinking now maybe a gold or a blue grey now that you shared your photos with me, oh but I haven't clicked on the a couple of your links you shared- going back to the post and doing that now

My kitchen is a redo..or update project. Goal- how to change the look of your kitchen for less then $750.00 dollars..
We shall see
Huggles

o

I used SW Lattice in my kitchen...it is a very neutral grey with the tiniest hint of blue. In this pic...the color looks off...it mostly looks like the shade in the little desk area in the far left. The color in the adjoining butlers pantry and dining room is a different color.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I decided not to go with a lot of contrast. I used SW Wool Skein on my walls....my cabinets are a vanilla white as opposed to a bright white.

o

Our cabinets are a very bright white (thermofoil) and our walls are navy blue. (The island is just being installed and it is Sherwin Williams Naval.)

Photobucket

With unfinished island:

Photobucket

o

We painted out cabinets White dove and our walls are revere pewter by BM. good luck.

o

We have BM Accadia White - nice, clean white without being stark - slight cream tint gives it a more 'old fashion/classic' look than some of the colder whites.
Caspian

o

Hi,
I used BM White Dove on cabs and our walls are BM Coventry Gray. I don't have a recent pic yet with the paint color but here is an older one with cabs. Good luck!
Photobucket

o

MDBMom - I love your counter - is it soapstone or jet mist? I also love your backsplash. Your space looks peaceful and energetic all at the same time.

o

Ahhh..thank you all so much.

I so want your kitchens. Their all so gorgeous.

Today I painted 3 samples of , Benjamin Moore- quiet moments, glass slippers, and storm..ayayya..
Hugs

o

We used BM Revere Pewter as well. I tried 6 different gray/blue colors and it was the winner. What I LOVE about it is that it seems to change colors during the day depending on the lighting. I am now going to continue it into my living room. It's a great neutral color and that goes well with so many other colors.

From STILL not finished kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here