Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
owataqt

Calling all white cabinet lovers- what colors did you paint your

owataqt
11 years ago

What color and share photos if you would be so kind.. please did you paint your kitchens. Have to narrow down the kitchen color tommorrow.

Those that have white cabinets ...would love to see.

Huggles

Comments (19)

• texasgal47
    11 years ago

Sorry I don't have any photos. My walls are gold and cabinets are biscotti with cocoa glaze (cream with light brown glaze). Almost any color goes with gold.

• texanniew
    11 years ago

we painted our cabinets SW Divine White and the walls are SW Latte.
    Not the best pic..sorry

Here is a link that might be useful: paint colors

• carybk
    11 years ago

SW Dover White. Sorry no pics handy. It's quite creamy.

• willtv
    11 years ago

Here's a shot of our black & white kitchen.

The walls are a 50/50 mix of BM Pigeon Grey & Metallic Silver.
    The color you choose may depend on a number of factors, including style of home, color of adjoining rooms, amount of natural light, color of countertops, etc.
    Keep in mind that paint color is the easiest and least expensive change you can make.
    So don't worry too much about your color choice and post some pics when you're finished.

• tarinala
    11 years ago

This is the best picture showing the color we chose - SW Rain.
    It just makes me happy to be in there.

• MIssyV
    11 years ago

Ben Moore's Linen White... its warm, almost creamy is low lighting. Not a stark white by any stretch of the imagination. You should be able to find ample white kitchens on this site if you have time to search before tomorrow.

Shot of island....

Sorry, old pics :/

• PRO
    Heritage Chrome
    11 years ago

This article on is Houzz really well done and shows the differences in whites so well. I just loved it.

here's the link
    https://www.houzz.com/magazine/how-to-pick-the-right-white-paint-stsetivw-vs~416809-to-Pick-the-Right-White-Paint

i have an "antique" white cabinet coming and I CANNOT WAIT!!!

• jjdcl
    11 years ago

White Dove from Valspar, but I had it color matched at SW. It's a little creamier than BM Dove White, but not as creamy as SW Creamy. Those were the two I was torn between so when I saw the Valspar I thought it was perfect since it was right in between.

I would try and decide if you want a true white or a creamy white. Do you have an idea of what you want your kitchen to look like when you're done? Have you chosen your granite?

• owataqt
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My cabinets are being painted marscapone ..I have been painting them since Friday- still not done..ayayyaa..got the bead board up on the island, going to lowes tommorrow to get the backsplash tile, either off white or white..not sure yet
    And was going to pick up the paint for my walls, their a rusty red right now, and Iam so tired of the red walls.

Just wanted to see what you painted on your walls, rather u popped it with light colors or dark colors or another type of white.

Thank you all for sharing your photos with me
    Huggles

Love all the colors. Thinking now maybe a gold or a blue grey now that you shared your photos with me, oh but I haven't clicked on the a couple of your links you shared- going back to the post and doing that now

My kitchen is a redo..or update project. Goal- how to change the look of your kitchen for less then $750.00 dollars..
    We shall see
    Huggles

• Sidney4
    11 years ago

I decided not to go with a lot of contrast. I used SW Wool Skein on my walls....my cabinets are a vanilla white as opposed to a bright white.

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Our cabinets are a very bright white (thermofoil) and our walls are navy blue. (The island is just being installed and it is Sherwin Williams Naval.)

With unfinished island:

• Heatherash8210
    11 years ago

We painted out cabinets White dove and our walls are revere pewter by BM. good luck.

• PRO
    Tom Carter
    11 years ago

We have BM Accadia White - nice, clean white without being stark - slight cream tint gives it a more 'old fashion/classic' look than some of the colder whites.
    Caspian

• MDBmom
    11 years ago

Hi,
    I used BM White Dove on cabs and our walls are BM Coventry Gray. I don't have a recent pic yet with the paint color but here is an older one with cabs. Good luck!

• flynnnj
    11 years ago

MDBMom - I love your counter - is it soapstone or jet mist? I also love your backsplash. Your space looks peaceful and energetic all at the same time.

• owataqt
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ahhh..thank you all so much.

I so want your kitchens. Their all so gorgeous.

Today I painted 3 samples of , Benjamin Moore- quiet moments, glass slippers, and storm..ayayya..
    Hugs

• slush1422
    11 years ago

We used BM Revere Pewter as well. I tried 6 different gray/blue colors and it was the winner. What I LOVE about it is that it seems to change colors during the day depending on the lighting. I am now going to continue it into my living room. It's a great neutral color and that goes well with so many other colors.

From STILL not finished kitchen

• just4jesus
    9 years ago

what paint did you use on the cabinets?

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz