Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michoumonster

need help finding this clever finger pull

michoumonster
10 years ago

Hi all,
I feel like I am abusing the GW community with all of my questions lately.. but still have one more.. I promise this will be the last one (for today)...

rifling through too many photos on the web has its consequences where I end up wanting something but cannot identify it...
Can you help me locate this finger pull? it seems like such a clever idea since it is open to hook your hand in, but also on the edge to be inobtrusive..
thank you for any suggestions!!

Comments (20)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Mich that looks more like a regular pull just mounted extra high but Berenson Hardware and Colonial Bronze Co both make fingerpulls.

• cathy725
    10 years ago

I got mine at pullsdirect.com. I only have one for a cabinet door on the back of my peninsula where I didn't want to put a regular pull.

Hopefully you can find something on this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: finger pulls

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

holly-kay, it looked to me like it was an edge pull since it almost seems like it curved over the top of the cabinet doors. but since i haven't been able to find this anywhere, i think you might be right. maybe it is just a slightly curved regular pull..

cathy, thanks for the link. i will check out pullsdirect.

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

I bought pulls similar but smaller for my medicine cabinets. Used them on the mirrors, now I pull on these instead of smudging up the mirror . (Also, because of installation, pulling from the side wasn't easy). We had these installed on the bottom. I like them very much but the ones at this link would be too small for wood cabinet pulls but I'm pretty sure they make larger ones.
    Ikea also includes these with their doors that are intended for installation on Ikea horizontal cabinets. These are bigger than below but same principle.

Ones I bought for my med cabinet mirrors are Deltana brand and I got these at myknobs.com

• ott2
    10 years ago

Hi Michoumonster,
    I am researching tab pulls and just came across this thread. Might be too late for you, but a few minutes ago I found a tab similar to the one in your picture. It's a Mockett aluminum pull (DP213 Series) and has an open space.
    If you have already selected a tab/finger pull, would you mind sharing your selection?

Here is a link that might be useful: Tab pull with opening

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ott2, thanks for sharing that pull! it seems very similar to the one i saw in the pic. i like the cutout in it.
    I haven't gotten my pulls yet. so i will definitely check out these mocketts. if you don;t have to cut the cabinet to install these then i think they would be ideal.

the pull i was thinking of getting is the berenson bravo. i like them because these edge pulls are thin so that you don't need to cut unto your cabinets to install.
    but i have yet to pull the trigger on anything yet.
    thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: berenson bravo

• ott2
    10 years ago

I ordered 3 Berenson Bravo sample pulls this morning. One is brushed nickel, one is satin black and one is verona bronze. I want to see the finishes and also feel how they feel. Looking forward to seeing them in real life!
    The Mockett pulls I referenced above are aluminum and at least look thinner than the traditional Mockett pulls which are "metal". The Mockett "metal" pulls are also much more expensive than the Mockett aluminum pulls. I haven't found anything that says what kind of "metal" is in the metal pulls.
    Good luck with your search!

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

elphaba, thanks for the info on your finger pulls. i will check out myknobs and deltana. I apologize for waiting so long to comment, I appreciate your help. I don't know why I didn't see your post earlier!

ott2, the bravos are also made out of aluminum. though they are thin they do feel sturdy enough. they also sell super long ones for custom cutting, though i don't know how easy that would be. here is a pic of a 1.75" bravo i just stuck inside to test out. i think i need the larger 3" size though.

the only issue i have with the bravo is that i dont think it can be comfortable for use as a dishwasher pull, so i need to find something to match. the mockett with the cutout seems like it might work better. i just wish the mockett came in more finishes and a 3 or 4 inch size. i will order a sample of the mockett ones today. i think if the mocketts work out, i probably would use them for drawers and the dishwasher, but do something else for uppers.

i also tried out a 5 inch edge pull made by atlas (almost identical in shape to the bravo) in matte chrome. atlas only came in polished chrome or matte chrome which didn't seem as nice as the bravo's brushed nickel though.
    thank you again!

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Sorry I can't help with the pulls in the picture, but I do have the Berensen Bravo pulls in brushed nickel, different lengths . No problems in 18 mos..I love the minimal look and am very happy with them.

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

joaniepoanie, thanks for the feedback! i had to search for your kitchen and so glad I did! it is gorgeous! i love the natural maple and it goes really well with the bravo pulls.

• dljmth
    10 years ago

michou - Ikea also carries the finger pulls. They are actually pretty nice and reasonably priced.

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

laura, thank you! i will check out ikea. after seeing your kitchen, i also am contemplating your kitchen pulls too. (love your taste in hardware, btw). I have to decide if i want a more minimalist look of the edge pulls or something with nice modern lines like jewelry. since my cab doors are shaker, i think they might look busier than your slab doors though..

• dljmth
    10 years ago

Can you post a slightly larger picture of your cabinets? We also did a mudroom area between the kitchen and guest bath and used these pulls. They are really fun. The bathroom vanity has the same one just a little larger. We wanted to use the same hardware since the cabinets were the same.

Same ones just longer:

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

laura, those pulls are really cool! I really like the ones in your bath. do they make a longer version? that might make a great towel bar/pull.

• dljmth
    10 years ago

I don't think they make a longer one, but the shorter ones (the ones I used in the hallway) can be used as towel/robe hooks which could be used in place of a towel bar.

• rpmbaja
    10 years ago

I've looked everywhere, I might have to order from china.
    Does anyone know who would make these in 12", 20", 40"
    The links are to poggenpohl but even wholesale prices are
    to high. https://www.houzz.com/s/u=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5ob3V6ei5jb20vcGhvdG9zLzM4MTQyODAvUG9nZ2VucG9obC1Mb3MtQW5nZWxlcy1jb250ZW1wb3Jhcnkta2l0Y2hlbi1sb3MtYW5nZWxlcw/t=77

• elphaba_gw
    10 years ago

There are some 12 inch ones at
    http://www.mockett.com/drawer-pulls-knobs-door-handles/metal/dp3-series.html
    Maybe you could contact them and see if they have any longer ones?

This post was edited by elphaba on Wed, Nov 6, 13 at 22:42

• michoumonster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

i know the berenson bravo ones that joaniepoanie used in her kitchen can be purchased in 8 foot lengths that can then be cut to custom sizes. because they are aluminum, they are not difficult to cut, though i think maybe you might need to practice a few times to get the cut clean. but this would be a very economical route.

Here is a link that might be useful: bravo pulls

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022