Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clc08_gw

Are you glad you chose a faucet with/without soap dispenser, etc?

clc08
15 years ago

Struggled with how to post a subject line. This faucet picking out project is a big deal all of a sudden. Part of me says, for Pete's Sake, it's just a faucet. Then....well, you know.

I guess I'm wondering about whether you like or dislike or the advantages/disadvantages to a faucet with a soap dispenser, or any of the other options available these days.

We will have only 1 main sink...we're empty-nesters...cook quite a lot....granite countertop coming...sink under the window. Thinking of Delta or Grohe. I'm thinking less things sticking up may be better, but like the idea of a soap dispenser, IF it works. This seems like a pretty long post for something as small as a faucet, but I'm worried I'm not thinking of something obvious.

Any advice for me on this one? Thanks......Cinda.

Comments (22)

• coolmom1
    15 years ago

I have the Hansgrohe Stratus high arc faucet. Love it! I also installed a matching soap dispenser placed to the left of the faucet. I really like having it conveniently located for quick and easy access plus it takes up very little space for less clutter around the sink. I plan to get the Never MT dispenser which holds a larger quanity of soap for less refilling. Hope this helps in one of your many, many decisions to come!

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

We have the Grohe Ladylux Cafe faucet in SS and the matching soap dispenser. LOVE having a soap dispenser!!! Install a Never-MT with a big bottle of dish soap, and you won't have to replace the soap bottle very often.

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

I really wish I had spent more time thinking about my faucet. While the one we got is pretty enough, its reach is so short that it's a PITA to use. (We have the Danze Opulence pull-down.)

Regarding the soap dispenser, I really wish I had won that particular argument with my Hubby. Had one in my last kitchen and loved it. Now we just have a trashy plastic soap pump that doesn't have a home.

• clc08
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Never heard of a Never-MT so I googled it. Wow, I knew I'd get some good ideas here. That looks so helpful/functional! Thanks for sharing that one.....

• User
    15 years ago

Oh man! Funny you should write this post. I think I actually wrote it earlier today and then just decided that I have been whining too much.
    I am trying to decide on faucets as well. I really like the looks of most of the tall goose necky ones but I feel they are too massive. ( I do have a window by the sink and it is maybe4 or 5 inches above the sink). I think the opulence is gorgeous but I do recall that those that have it are not delighted.
    I also am not looking to spend megabucks. The faucet I have now is mediocre quality (I cannot remember the brand but I bought it about 10 years ago quickly at HD to replace its drippy predecessor) and heck it has lasted 10 years.
    I am liking so far:
    allora(but I fear too tall.)
    leland (but I would prefer one hole)
    aberdeen (but I fear too tall)
    saxony (but it is not a goosenecky one) and on and on.
    But I HAVE decided that I would like a soap dispenser. I dont have one, never have, but I think one less object on the counter would make me sing!!

• arleneb
    15 years ago

I chose to use a soap dispenser in my "old new" house (built 6 years ago, just moved out of -- hence, old-new) -- loved it and will definitely use it again in the house we're just starting. The only thing I didn't like was filling it, so I'll get a Never-MT in the new one -- I learned about it about the time we put the house on the market and decided not to buy it for the new people -- but I did tell them about it!

• raehelen
    15 years ago

I bought our Blanco Rados faucet at auction, on the spur of the moment, so didn't have time to ponder! (Which I think is a good thing!) I got it at a great price- though it was still probably manyX more expensive than any faucet I'd bought previously! It is a large gooseneck (as a gardener who sells bouquets at farmer's markets I've always wanted a gooseneck)-single hole, large enough reach, pull-down, and though it seemed massive at first, I don't even notice the size anymore now. I think having one single hole with lever on side frees up so much space and makes cleaning much easier- that I would highly recommend one.

I got the $14 SD from HD instead of the several hundred$$$ matching Blanco one, and I love it! Seems to be solidly built, works well and is easy to fill from the top. I might invest in a NeverMT one day, but I find it's no biggie to fill.

I'd never build a kitchen without a SD again. Does that answer your question? :>)

• raggiemom
    15 years ago

We just put in LG HiMac countertops with the intergrated sink. I got the Delta Allora faucet in SS with the soap dispenser. I love the faucet and soap dispenser. I have never had one before and couldn't decide so I bought the two together and figured I could make up my mind later. Well, I went ahead and had it put in and I am so glad I did. Now all that's on the back of the sink is the faucet and the soap dispenser. It looks so much cleaner than having a soap bottle up there.

• mygar
    15 years ago

I bought the Allora and the SD in Stainless but haven't installed it yet. Raggiemom, I would love to see pictures of yours!

• cburch
    15 years ago

I love my Delta Saxony faucet. It's stainless, easy to clean and looks perfect in my kithen. I did go with a soap dispenser more for looks than function. Although, we do use it quite a bit. BUT, we still have a bottle of Bath & Body Works foam soap beside the dispenser because I like the foam soap, I like the smell and I had bought about 5 bottles of the foam stuff on sale. Every sink in the house had one. My dispenser houses dishwashing liquid and the B&B bottle is strictly for washing hands.

• abbycat9990
    15 years ago

We chose a hansgrohe faucet (Expo) with a pullout spray and no soap dispenser. We use a clear plastic soap bottle from Container Store for our clear 7th Generation dish soap.

We had a separate dispenser at our last house, and found that it was more trouble than it was worth. Granted, I didn't know about the never MT then ;-)
    But, I wouldn't change our faucet--I love that it's one hole in th ecounter/sink, and it's so easy to clean around.

• jessie21
    15 years ago

sorry to go a bit off topic, but raggiemom, i will be getting lg hi mac counters and wondered if you could post a pic of your countertop and your dispenser. what color of lg did you pick? thanks!

• raggiemom
    15 years ago

Jessi and mygar - l will try to get a couple of pictures posted. I love my countertops, faucet and tile floor. I am trying to decide on a backsplash now. I got the Almond Pearl countertops. They look great. My DH, who hates plumbing, said the faucet was really easy to put in. Didn't have a single leak! It took a couple of days to get used to the height, but now it is just so easy to use. I really like the magnetic connection.

Now I am looking for different designs for the backsplash. I wish I was as creative as some of these people are.

• debo_2006
    15 years ago

We have the Moen soap dispenser to match our Moen Alberdeen faucet and love it. We've never has one and until this site, I didn't know they exsisted (as well as the Never MT, which I also have).

So, yep....we're happy to have the dispenser.

• mlraff53
    15 years ago

I have the Delta Victorian (venetian bronze) and before this forum I could care less about a soap dispenser. I have always had a cute one next to my sink. Well, guess what I asked for mother's day? I hope I get...because I already ordered my never-MT without telling DH!
    I can't wait to get rid of the plastic dispenser and have my matching one!

• dassykee
    15 years ago

I was at a very high end kitchen tour a couple of weeks ago and was surprised that most did not have SDs. I have one now and plan to have one in the new house we are building.

I remember one savvy poster some months back whose thrifty husband responded to her request for Never MT by going to the hardware store, finding a tube that fit the end of the SD pump, buying enough length to reach to the bottom of the sink, and inserting the tube into a warehouse-club sized bottle of Dawn.... Presto...homemade Never MT for less than a dollar!!! I plan to try it!

• bbtondo
    15 years ago

I have a SD now and will also have one in my new kitchen. My new kitchen will have a Delta Allora faucet with SD, and of course a never-MT!
    Barb

• nancyjn
    15 years ago

My Pfister Price Marielle faucet, that I "won" on Ebay, came with a free soap dispenser. So I had the granite guys make a spot for it. But the bottle that holds the soap was too large to fit between the wall and the sink. I remembered reading about never-MT, so decided I would need to order one. Before I ordered though, I got a piece of tubing from DH's shop and we put it on the soap dispenser and ran it to my bottle of soap. Works GREAT! No need to spend money on the never-MT IMO. I love having the soap dispenser, it is so convenient and looks nice, too.

• natal
    15 years ago

Only one hole at my sink. Read all the praises here for Never MT for years, but it wasn't something that appealed to me. I keep a bottle of hand soap at the sink and a couple different dishwashing soaps under the sink. Guess I don't like the idea of being committed long-term to a soap, lol. Love the Grohe Ladylux Cafe! Worth every penny!

• sarschlos_remodeler
    15 years ago

We haven't started the remodel yet, but the old faucet broke, so I was able to replace it with a Kohler Simplice pull down spray faucet. There were two extra holes underneath the metal coverplate thing (what is that called? is that an escutcheon?), so I added a soap dispenser with a Never MT. We are VERY pleased with the faucet and the soap dispenser. The dispenser was also a Kohler, and the angle of the spout sends the soap right to the middle of the sink -- great for easy cleaning. And I can't rave enough about Kohler's pulldown faucet and the button to change the spray.

• inkycrab
    15 years ago

Glad to hear you like the Kohler Simplice. I just got mine last week but it won't be installed for a few weeks. I like that there's not too much plastic because the spray head is small. I have opted not to get the SD. I've had a few in the past and the pump always broke. I bought a cool chrome soap dispenser that stands alone.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES