Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

Has anyone painted molding to match cabinets such as Kraftmaid?

texasgal47
9 years ago

I'm doing KM library cabinets in my family room that is part of an open floor plan to the kitchen. Three years ago KM's Biscotti Maple Woven Molding with Cocoa Glaze was purchased for the stacked crown molding in my small kitchen. The price was insanely expensive then, and they want a king's ransome now that is out of my budget. I can purchase the same molding, but in a different color, on ebay from someone who shops the KM outlet. It would then need to be repainted and glazed. Sherman Williams did a good color match to the kitchen cabinets for some small corbels, and they looked OK. However, there were no grooves, no glazing involved, and the finish was flat rather than the smooth sheen of the manufactured product. I could take the cheaper, easier way out and just order standard library molding but obviously really love the woven. I've already contacted someone else who frequently shops the KM outlet for others. He tells me that my molding very rarely comes into the outlet so waiting is not a reasonable option. I do have a little old molding to practice on. Any thoughts or words of advice?

Comments (2)