Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gail428_gw

Cream and Espresso Kitchen

gail428
14 years ago

We are finally done with our kitchen renovation project - we pushed the kitchen out about 5 feet, and completely gutted it all. I did not work with a kitchen designer, and found the education I received on this forum to be priceless! I thought I would take the opportunity of posting my kitchen photos to learn to use the web program on my mac ... hope it works! You can click on the "after" photos for larger and more detailed pics. Many thanks to all GWers - I am mostly a silent lurker, but learned so much!! Kitchen Renovation

I am also posting the "details" within this post so they will be searchable

CABINETRY - custom built by LMS Woodcraft, Akron, Pa. All maple with BM Linen White and stain

COUNTERS - perimeter, Antiqued Cambrian Black - Island, Kashmir White

HARDWARE - All Top Knobs except bin pulls are from Restoration Hardware

WALL AND TRIM - BM Tamarind with BM Linen White trim

FLOORS - prefinished 5inch plank wire brushed solid oak, Mullican, Tuscan Brown

TILE - Kitchen backsplash, Ann Sachs butter cream, Mudroom floor and laundry backspash, Lunada Bay Marioka glass, ButlerÂs Pantry backsplash, Lunada Bay, Ohara Natural Glass Sumi

PENDANTS - Uttermost

FIXTURE - Restoration Hardware

APPLIANCES - Viking Double Oven, Wolf range, Kitchenaid microwave, Kitchenaid Fridge, Marvel Wine Fridge, Dacor Warming Drawer, Whirlpool Duet Washer and Dryer, Insinkerator Instant Hot

FAUCETS - Grohe Ladylux Pro (regular size and bar size in island)

Comments (22)

• rhome410
    14 years ago

There is so much to WOW about here, I don't know where to start! Is there any minute detail you didn't think of? I can't think of any! This seems silly, among the bigger things to notice about your kitchen, but I love the wall color. I think my next favorite thing is the butler's pantry. Very, very nice, and quite gorgeous and sunny. Enjoy!

• marthavila
    14 years ago

That is an amazing kitchen! Amazingly beautiful. Amazingly well-organized. Amazingly bright, friendly, welcoming. Amazingly chic, sophisticated and cool. All in one room. And without the help of a KD? Amazing!!!

BTW, just how long did this take you from conception to completion?

My, my, my. Oh, did I tell you I am amazed by this job you have done? Congratulations!

• katieob
    14 years ago

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Bravo. Absolutely stunning.

Great job!

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Amazing transformation! There are so many things that make your kitchen beautiful. I love the stacked windows, the wainscoting, the beautiful cabinetry, the floors, the tile...etc. etc!!! Did I mention I'm SO jealous of your huge butlers pantry!!! I could go on and on, it's all so wonderful, and I love the wall color, it makes everything stand out and shows the lovely detailing of your woodwork! I also love how you posted the pictures and gave all of the details to help others still in the planning stages...great job!

Kat :)

• peytonroad
    14 years ago

Wow, that is a very high end looking kitchen. Congrats and lucky you!

• pattyk_64
    14 years ago

Gorgeous stunning kitchen! I have a similar color scheme going here and I'm loving the dark brown paint you've chosen, very nice!!! It's inspiring, I'm going to go get a sample of it.

• rosie
    14 years ago

What a fine job, Gail. There are so many things I like about it, windows, stove mantle, and on and on. Can we have more detail pictures to pour over? There are a lot of intriguing and useful ideas to take notes of.

• kelleg69
    14 years ago

Fabulous!!! Really--very magazine quality. Great job.

• curlygurly
    14 years ago

wow. that is one incredibly beautiful kitchen. I love all the natural light. just gorgeous!

• spincrazy25
    14 years ago

Looks great gail428! What do you keep in the cabinets to the left of your ovens?

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

Yup... very major WOW! Everything an elegant timeless style kitchen should be. You've touched on every detail and then some. Congratulations and most definitely enjoy!

• alice462
    14 years ago

Wow, what a stunner!! I agree, you seem to have thought of everything and tied it up in one beeee-uu-ti-ful package!! I love the color palette, and how you mixed the textures in your finishes -- really personal and unique.

Are those candles over your table? That is cool!

Can you share some additional details about the flatware insert in the drawer in your butler's pantry? Would love to find something similar for use in a couple of drawers we have.

• gail428
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for all the kind words!! And i'm so proud my website worked :)!

Marthavila - it took just over 4 months

spincrazy25 - the cabinets to the left of the range have everyday dishes and glasses - ok for the above 12's - not so great for my 9 year old! I don't think you can see, but I have a glass cabinet in the end of the island opposite the fridge - I keep paper plates and cups there for the kids

alice462 - the fixture above the table has "faux" candles ... unfortunately I don't know much about where the flatware insert came from - my cabinet maker asked me to draw up how I wanted it divided and he had someone he knows make it - if you're near Pennsylvania and want me to find out the name I'd be happy to

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Gail - simply utterly gorgeous. What an amazing transformation, and amazing that it only took 4 months! I love your web site too.

Congratulations on a beautiful kitchen and happy cooking!
    Eliz

• brutuses
    14 years ago

Gorgeous, but I have to ask, don't you absolutely miss that lovely flower border in the laundry room? LOL

That wall of windows would make me want to cook all day long!!

• ponotte
    14 years ago

Your kitchen is inspirational!
    And I just have to compliment you on the website you made, too. I loved clicking on the after pictures and getting to see the insides of the cabinets and the areas of your kitchen in even more detail.
    So cool!

• donka
    14 years ago

I'm drooling on my keyboard right now...that is one gorgeous kitchen! I love all the little details. The wainscoting really adds a dramatic aspect to the space that I just love. The paint colour, the cabinets, did I mention I was drooling?

You've done a beautiful job. Enjoy your gorgeous kitchen...it's magazine worthy!

• alice462
    14 years ago

Gail - thanks for the info. re: insert. I kind of figured it was custom, you must have had a great cabinetmaker! Oh, oops about the light fixture -- I looked at it again and realized my mistake, but still -- oh, so pretty!

Great web site, BTW - so easy to navigate as I found myself going back and forth to get the full effect of the before and after, and, it is dramatic! Enjoy, what a transformation!

• User
    14 years ago

Wow-what a beautiful kitchen. I haven't been around here as much so I am glad I checked in for this kitchen. I am getting ready to design my next kitchen so you may see me copy a few things.

Love the chandelier too.
    Great job!

• rnest44
    14 years ago

Beautiful website for a beautiful kitchen! You have been very busy and it's time well spent. Do you do a happy dance every time you walk into that area of your house?

• katienic
    14 years ago

What an incredibly beautiful kitchen. You went from time-worn to 'Timeless'! I am in awe over all the attention you've given to the smallest of detail that pulls it together so elegantly, yet definitely a kitchen to live in.

• morton5
    14 years ago

Gasp. It's gorgeous. Have you considered a career change to kitchen designer or web designer? Or maybe project manager, since you completed this transformation in four months? Your family must be in awe of your talent. Congratulations, and enjoy!

Note to others: make sure you click on each picture to enjoy all the details!