Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barista9

Looking for opinion about pull arrangement

barista9
9 years ago

I feel like I made a mistake with my cabinet hardware, actually, only the pulls, loving the mushroom buttons, but I think the 6 inch pulls are just too dominant. I'm saying we were too quick in installing them, my SO thinks they are perfect. I think the 4 inch ones would have been better.

Can I expect the pulls to blend in more (make me forget about them) once the granite is installed ?

Comments (20)

• LizPel12
    9 years ago

I think they look great! And, I think you might notice them less once the granite is in. What brand are your cabinets? It all looks beautiful!

• barista9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks, the cabinets are made locally here in the Montreal region.

I can't wait to get the countertops, right now, all I see are the handles! For reference, the drawers in the peninsula are 24 inch and the two flips are more or less 32 inch wide.

• LizPel12
    9 years ago

I don't think they look out of scale at all. I'm sure it feels different up close, but just looking at that picture, they don't stand out - they fit right in!

Do you know anything about Cabico by any chance? We are just deciding on our cabinets, it is a brand in the running and looks similar to your cabinetry.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

They don't look too big and I think you'll get used to it. It looks just like your drawing. Didn't you have a small drawer stack next to your range? That would have been cute with knobs. How's it looking with the 6" pulls?

• barista9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm sorry, I've not heard of Cabico. Our doors are painted birch wood. The color is very close to BM Simply White.

Here's another shot, sorry for the mess!

• barista9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@may_flowers, you have a good memory! I put the 4 inch pulls on the small drawer stack, I'm very pleased with the look of these. I'm just second guessing myself if I should have gone with the 4 inch on all drawers.

This post was edited by barista9 on Thu, May 15, 14 at 19:19

• LizPel12
    9 years ago

No worries, I should have mentioned they're in Quebec, though I don't know where, which is why I asked!

I honestly think the 4" would look too small!

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

"Step AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN!" shouted the bullhorn!

They're not only fine, they're lovely.
    Your SO is definitely correct.

I can't even tell where you put big vs. small. The entire picture (the forest) is very cohesive and elegant.

Quit fussing. Enjoy your kitchen.

• gothaml
    9 years ago

Those pulls are the right ratio, always think in thirds when it comes to design. They look great, 4" may have looked dinky.

• dibdot
    9 years ago

@barista9 - I actually think you have the proportions spot-on!

May I ask, what is the width of the wide drawer in the corner (with the double pulls) and are those 96mm pulls you've got there?

Also, are those the Amerock Kane pulls? We are using the same type of cabinetry and pulls as you (although we're using pulls on cupboards as well) and I LOVE the look you have achieved!

(you have also confirmed for me that using a single 160mm pull on my 30" and 36" stacks is not going to look right - would have to be 8" and 10" to get the proportions the way I want them. I really think you have it just right!)

This post was edited by dibdot on Thu, May 15, 14 at 20:06

• barista9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The drawer with the double pulls is 31 inches wide. These are the Charlotte pulls from top knob. I just checked the Kane pulls they appear to be very similar. The Restauration Hardware Ephram model is also similar I think.

There are two 152mm center to center (6 inch) on that corner drawer.

• dibdot
    9 years ago

Thanks so much @barista9 - I have been vacillating about double pull size on my 30" drawers and your photo suggests that 2 x 128mm (end-to-end length 145mm) pulls will not be overwhelming.

I am looking forward to seeing your kitchen, complete!

• romy718
    9 years ago

All your hardware looks perfect. Pretty cabinets & love the wine cubby.

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

I think they look fantastic!

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

Trust your initial instincts. Your eyes just need some counter candy! We tend to just focus on one detail when the entire canvas is not complete. Our eyes need to be carried from one to the next and the countertop will pull it together. Very nice. Can't wait to see the reveal!

• LE
    9 years ago

The scale looks perfect in relation to the drawers. (But I know all about obsessing over each new thing as it goes in.)

• Mags438
    9 years ago

I think they look perfect in a wonderful kitchen!

• nyrgirl35
    9 years ago

I think they look perfect also, I think you are just over analyzing like we all would on our expensive, stressful, wanting everything to be perfect renovation!

• barista9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for your comments. I really have a bad tendency to over analyze! On to a 3 day week-end and think about something else :), really needing it!

• olympia776
    9 years ago

It is really beautiful! I went slightly more oversized in my pulls - I also used 6'' but I used them on everything including the small drawers. I liked the look but recently added in a new bank of cabinets where there was previously an eat in kitchen and I think it looks a little like a mouth full of braces! But anything new to me I usually don't like or I feel a little uncomfortable with. I think it's my nature. After a bit I warm up and then usually I'm pretty happy with my first choice.