Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariahanson

Finished Kitchen with Typhoon Bordeaux

mariahanson
11 years ago

Our home is finally finished!!! Thank you all for your advice on the finish for my knobs and handles. After much agony I chose satin nickel. It went well with all of my stainless and my husband loved it. Enjoy the photos!!!

Comments (51)

• shelayne
    11 years ago

Wow, that is really lovely! And huge! I bet you just swoon every time you walk in there!

Now we need the DEETS, ma'am! ;)

• clarygrace
    11 years ago

Very beautiful, spacious and airy. You must be sooo happy!!! All of the finishes look wonderful together! And yes...we do need details....

Much happiness in your new kitchen!!! Enjoy!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

I would love to know the paint color (walls) and the tile color. It's beautiful. My mother has Typhoon Bordeaux and it's just so beautiful though not in great condition. I don't think the place she got it from was a very good fabricator. But the stone itself is gorgeous. I love it. I will be going for a visit to her house to help her finish it all up with new paint and adding the backsplash. I only hope it looks as fabulous as yours! Your kitchen is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

Show stoppppperrrrrrr!

• springroz
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!! I love your hood!! Also love the child in the last picture!!

Details! Please.

Nancy

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Is that a kitchen or a ballroom? LOL. Spacious, serene, and beautiful!

Enjoy!

• likewhatyoudo
    11 years ago

Very nicely done! Love the mix of metals and gorgeous granite work perfect with the backsplash. Enjoy! The child climbing on your new cabinets at least had the good manners to take off their shoes first :)

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Stunning!

When you post the specs, please remember the floor :-)

• ayerg73
    11 years ago

Such a beautiful space! Great job! I love how you had the hood stop with the cabs and finish it off with the same crown. Nice touch!

• catlover5
    11 years ago

It is really beautiful. You must be so pleased. Enjoy!

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! My first thought looking at pic #1 is how much I like the contrast of the dark pendants. Beautiful backsplash too.
    Cute on the munchkin scaling the island on the last pic!
    Yes, give us all the details...

• ratrem
    11 years ago

Love it. What a great space too, very beautiful. I agree we need all the details including the floor!

• mariahanson
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You all are so sweet. And yes that is my son Pete scaling the island. Oh the joy of having a little boy.

Here are the details. Sorry it is such a laundry list.

Wall Color - Universal Khaki (Sherwin Williams color but I had it mixed Benjamin Moore) Crown and floor moldings custom matched to the cabinets.
    Floor - 4 inch Northern White Oak. Hand laid/sanded/stained in house by a local company. Stained "medium."
    Cabinets - Crystal Cabinets "Keyline," inset, antique white paint. Cabinets are set to 96'H, roll trays, large drawer base, FHD base, pull out trash, wood hood, top and bottom moldings
    Pulls and Knobs - Amerock Kane and Allison Value in Satin Nickel
    Backsplash - Rittenhouse subway tile in biscuit
    Granite - Typhoon Bordeaux with 30 year sealer
    Faucet - Delta Victorian Single Handle pull down - stainless
    Range - Thermador (Thermador/Bosch offered a 40% discount to us because the house is a parade home otherwise I might have gone with GE Monogram or Wolf)
    Ovens - Thermador
    Fridge - Bosch cabinet depth
    Dishwasher - Bosch
    Ice Maker - GE Monogram
    Microwave - GE

• mariahanson
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One more thing - the reverse osmosis faucet is by "Insinkerator" and it is the Indulge Antique model. It puts out both cold and hot water. The hot water comes out near boiling which will be wonderful when making tea. I am saying goodbye to my electric kettle.

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful, enjoy!!!

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!!!! Love all that space:)

• taggie
    11 years ago

What a lovely, calm, serene kitchen! You did a great job and may it bring you many many years of joy. Congrats!!

• AnnaA
    11 years ago

Beautiful and inviting! Congratulations!

• olivertwistkitchen
    11 years ago

Just had to say that I love the feature with the kid climbing up on the island. Did that cost extra, or did they throw that in for free?

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Great job. Very pretty! Those TB slabs are just lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Can you tell us about your stools and pendants please?

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Just gorgeous! Really love those pendents over your island. The whole space is just stunning.

Can't help but covet your gorgeous ovens with the wonderfully aligned doors.

• jgopp
    11 years ago

Amazing kitchen, love the color. I also really love the flooring, looks great with the white. It'll look great once you get some accent pieces in there. Congrats. How high are your ceilings?

• nini804
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Love your hood! I have the same faucet...I love it, it is a dream to use. Enjoy your lovely new kitchen!

• total_remodel
    11 years ago

Love the granite! very pretty kitchen

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Fantastic kitchen!

I have a silly question, what is the small stainless appliance to the right of your double oven?

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

Oh beautiful! Love the whole package!!!

• kfhl
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! I would love to know the dimensions of the kitchen and the island. Also, would love to know the specifics on the pendants.
    Enjoy!

• Patty18longIsland
    11 years ago

Beautiful Kitchen!! Could you give me the info. on the pendants.

Thanks.

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the openess!

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Congratulations on a gorgeous kitchen! The Typhoon Bordeax is perfect, just the right blend of movement and calm. Love your choices on your crowns and hood and the flooring sets it off so beautifully. Your son is adorable, such a wonderful age! Enjoy!

• Patty18longIsland
    11 years ago

I would also like to know where stools are from. Love them

• BeastBaby
    11 years ago

Love it - wow!

• outsideplaying_gw
    11 years ago

Love your kitchen! Lots of Wow going on, and the last picture is out of a magazine, especially with your child caught in the act!

• colorfast
    11 years ago

Wow, Pemberly, beautiful kitchen (for what I'm sure is a beautiful house). If I could just make one suggestion: A low phaeton with a nice little pair of ponies would be the very thing.

Seriously, though, nice work!

• Susied3
    11 years ago

Love it! When do you get to move in? I love the doors, they let in so much light, yet your kitchen is warm and classic.
    Must be that wonderful counter!
    Congrats!

• NewSouthernBelle
    11 years ago

It is beautiful. I am sure you will love cooking and raising a family in there.
    And yes, the joys of having a little boy. My son thinks the drawer pulls are like rungs on a ladder made especially for him to climb to the top of the island! Argh. I definitely did not think about that when I selected my hardware.

• finestra
    11 years ago

Love the kitchen and the contrasting pendants. Really makes a beautiful space! Enjoy!

• Emily
    11 years ago

Beautiful kitchen!! Stunning. Another white kitchen to add to my list for when I finally get to paint my cabinets one day. I also have typhoon bordeaux. Thanks for posting! Really Gorgeous!

• aries61
    11 years ago

pemberley - I saw your cabinets(Crystal)in a showroom today. I was very impressed with the finish, both inside and outside. Curious, how do you like the finish and construction of them? Did you look at any other cabinets before making your decision?

Congratulations on a very nice kitchen.

• mariahanson
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello everyone! You all are so kind. Here are a few more answers to your questions.

The appliance next to the ovens is an ice maker. It makes perfect clear cubed ice. We had one in our former home and got spoiled. It is great for everyday and entertaining.

The island is 11 feet long.

The counter stools are from Pier One. I got them for $100 a piece.

The pendants are from Quorum International. The number is 803-12-86. It has no name.

I like the cabinets. And the construction is good. But what I like most is that our cabinet shop takes care of any issues I have with the cabinets immediately. They are known for amazing service. I also looked at 100% custom cabinets, Medallion Cabinets and Shiloh Cabinetry. Crystal had the best deal on inset cabinetry.

Finally, Colorfast, I love the Jane Austen reference:)

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Every time I come across the "Universal Khaki" chip in the SW deck, it stops me cold.
    I absolutely love it.
    Since you happen to have the can (I hope still), would you mind telling me the colors used to mix it? I'm afraid in real life it'll have too much red in the mix.

I'm still fighting too much blue in my gray-greens and have my fingers crossed that the Khaki will work well in my MBR. TONS of natural light.

Very cool to see it in use, even if m monitor resolves everything pink.

Thank you so much and enjoy your fabulous kitchen!

• Linda
    11 years ago

That is just beautiful! It is certainly going into my "inspiration kitchens" folder!!!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Beautiful - just perfect!!
    I can't wait til we are finished!!!

• springroz
    11 years ago

I have some ponies and a phaeton for you!!

Thanks for the details!

Nancy

• Snbtwins
    11 years ago

Beautiful! What are the dimensions of your kitchen?

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Pemberly, would have have time to check the can of Universal Khaki to see if it has any red in it?
    I'd appreciate it.
    Thank you,
    Christine

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Pemberly - thanks for telling me about your ice maker. Honestly, I never considered getting one separate from the fridge but I'm sure i comes in handy!

• crookid
    11 years ago

Pemberly- stunning kitchen.what brand range insert do you have in the hood.CFM? Thanks

• mariahanson
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So sorry I've been MIA!

The bar stools are Pier One.
    The painter did not leave a paint can in the basement for the Universal Khaki. I know we just used the same formula SW makes except I had it mixed BM. So sorry I can't help more on this one.
    The range insert is from Thermador.
    The kitchen is approx. 20 ft x 10 ft.

We are moving into our new home tomorrow! SO excited. Thanks for all of your sweet comments.

• mommajo6
    6 years ago

Thank you for sharing! Can you tell me which grout you chose for the backsplash?