Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Please Post Favorite Sources For Pendant Lights & Counter Stools

amck2
9 years ago

I'm searching for counter height stools with backs for a traditional/transitional kitchen. We eat 90% of our meals @ the island, so comfort is key. Many of my go-to sources are featuring a metal/industrial look, which I'm not feeling is right for this kitchen. Also don't see wicker, rush or rattan as good choices here.

I'd also appreciate knowing new sources for pendants. I've searched Pottery Barn, Rejuvenation, Restoration, and Schoolhouse Electric. Haven't found any that are calling to me.

My plans are for Plain & Fancy inset Shaker-style cabs and island in Buttercream and I've selected a creamy pale sage-flecked granite.

Comments (13)

• byzantine
    9 years ago

I really wanted to go with something from Barn Light Electric, but our ceilings aren't high enough. I can't vouch for their customer service or quality, but their lamps are dang cute.

Oh, also, I saw some of these at... Chop Shop? In Chicago. I like them:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/round-up-indust-1-105887

Here is a link that might be useful: Barn Light Electric.

This post was edited by byzantine on Thu, May 1, 14 at 19:37

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

Take a look at Pompanoosuc Mills stools. I have the mason barstool at our island. They swivel and are extremely comfortable with high backs. 25% off right now! They have a store in Concord on Main Street.

Also check out Hubbardton Furniture in Barrington on Route 125. Our peninsula stools came from there and were very reasonably priced.

P.S. Just looked at photos of your current kitchen. Anita wasn't kidding when she told me our styles are similar! Sisters from a different mother! The light over your island is what I have in my dining room.

This post was edited by nhbaskets on Thu, May 1, 14 at 19:51

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

As far as internet retailers go, Barn Light Electric's website is terrific and they allow you to custom-select many features on barn lighting, definitely a plus.

We did not end up ordering from BLE because our local retailer was able to match the particular fixtures we wanted with slightly better prices. Many of the "vintage" fixtures on the BLE website look like or are Littman Bros (Hudson Valley, Troy Lighting). Also was told that most of the barn and rustic fixtures are made by Hi-Lite Mfg.

Good luck!

• Sms
    9 years ago

No sure what style of lighting you are looking for but try Circa lighting, Hubbinton Forge and Murray Feiss (latter two are not retailers.

You might have luck at Overstock.com for the stools.

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

I sourced all these stools from lafurniturestore.com, which has a terrific selection.

Here is a link that might be useful: Popular Modern Bar Stools

• sas95
    9 years ago

I am very happy with our stools from Saloom. They have a variety of styles from traditional to more contemporary, and you can customize the wood stain and fabric.

Saloom stools

• amck2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far, I will begin scouting the new sources.

nhbaskets, what a coincidence regarding that Hubbardton Forge fixture! The island in my new layout is angled & at its longest point it's 3 ft. longer than what I have now. I still love that light but I'm afraid the scale will be off and I might be better with two pendants.

DD & I are contemplating using it over my DR table because I still like it so much. I've resisted putting a ceiling light in there because we add on to the table and reconfigure the room for all the major holiday meals and a hanging light would always be way off-center.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Amck- so glad to hear that you're moving ahead with your new kitchen design. Love P&F.
    I second Circa Lighting and Visual Comfort for pendant lighting. Ballard Designs has some nice upholstered bar stools. I believe gooster used one of their styles in her kitchen.

• amck2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

romy718, it's hard to believe we're getting into a full remodel when I started out just planning to paint my cabinets. I'm so grateful to have been able to process the decision through discussions here. We made the move after careful consideration of many options and it feels right. I made a connection (through GW's nhbaskets ) with a gifted KD who has a 20+ yr relationship w the folks at P&F. I think I'm going to be very happy with them - just love their finishes on painted cabs.

Thanks for reminding me of Gooster's bar stools. And for all your help & support these past few months.

• cvazqu
    9 years ago

I got my counter stools from horchow.com
    I got my island pendants (that they have at horchow but I wanted in a finish they didn't offer) from a place called designer fabric outlet. Google can lead you to their website.
    Good experiences at both places, though my stools aren't exactly super comfortable. Ha. But they look great and are perfect for my three children to sit on when snacking at the island.

• steph2000
    9 years ago

Wayfair has a great selection and good prices on lights and bar stools. Overstock can also be a great deal.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

In addition to Ballard Designs (where I sourced mine), I also recommend Carrington Court Direct for upholstered chairs and stools. My DR end chairs are from there, and oldbat2be has some great stools from there. Both companies do COM if you have a fabric you particularly like.

• SGumieny14
    9 years ago

I see a couple of other people have already mentioned Barn Light Electric (http://www.barnlightelectric.com), but I too have had a TON of success with them. My husband and I have ordered from them on multiple occasions and they've got a really expansive collection of lighting. Plus it's always free shipping on their website, I'd say it's worth checking out!

Also, have you ever looked at Home Decorators Collection (http://www.homedecorators.com/furniture/seating/stools/) for bar stools? I've never ordered stools from them, but I've ordered other things and they're great. Their prices can get a little expensive, but they're always running sales!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm