Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have brackets/corbels under top cabinet ends?

Posted by domesticah (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 17:40

Hi there. We are in full swing on our kitchen, and I am thinking of putting brackets/corbels under the ends of my upper cabinets (sort of like shelf brackets)...I have been searching for a picture to show our carpenter, but cannot find any...does anyone have this feature and can share a photo?

This is another "white" kitchen, simple shaker cabs.

Thanks for your help. : )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have brackets/corbels under top cabinet ends?

I have "ends" to my hutches that connect the upper to lowers. but thats all

From Kitchen Remodel

o

Beadboard and shaker pegs under upper cabinet to left of cooktop.

We have these simple brackets on either side of our uppers.

o

I've seen this on two blogs (and probably elsewhere):

Thrifty Decor Chick:
thrfitydecorchickkitchen

The Lettered Cottage:
lettered cottage kitchen

o
Not quite corbels, but...

I notice all 3 pics of corbels on upper cabinets so far have beadboard. What's your backsplash?

The link below has some kitchens with longer sides, rather like corbels, but not quite. They also have tile backsplashes, so you can see a slightly different look.

Here is a link that might be useful: cote de texas blog

o

Check out the kitchen in the movie Something's Gotta Give. Corbels on subway tile backsplash...I'm assuming it could be done IRL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Something's Gotta Give Kitchen

o

Thank you so much for coming to my rescue jessicaml, vickimp, nhbaskets and adh673. I love how you did the brackets under the counter in your kitchen nhbaskets and on your hutch adh673.
I am especially partial to painted kitchens so I love thet kitchens on cote de texas blog and somethings gotta give (hooked on houses is an awesome site!!!) It never seeks to amaze me how many thoughtful and generous people are on this site -- taking time to look for pictures and posting them. Thanks again for your help.

o

I wish I had corbels. I love all these images below.
I hope they help you with ideas.
~boxerpups

Photobucket

Galley

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Black Counter

storage

white appliances

Photobucket

Photobucket

large sink

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Thank you boxerpups! Wonderful pictures...

Jesscam1, my backsplash is a compromise with my husband (yes, he cares! : ( ) I wanted subway or marble, he wanted a diagonal wave tile (subway frame). It will be white, so hopefully it won't be a detractor. So I am wondering if the brackets should go all the way to the end of the cabinet...love the corbels in the kitchen with hammered copper hood above (very much like the somethings gotta give house). Thanks again all for the inspirational pics. : ) have a great night.--

o

Mine hold up shelves:

Note: if you do this you'll lose a tiny bit of rear counterspace clearance unless you have deep cabinets (these are 30" lowers and 18" uppers). And if you do, tall people will not see them at all, unless there is seating nearby or they are viewed from the side. All in plain sight to me, but the spouse could see none of it. Hm. These were sized to fit a mug I broke right before the remodel finished. Hm!

o

Hi fori,love that shelf, great idea.

anyone know an online source for corbels? trying to find 11 x 11 ones...
Closest ones are this one

http://houseofantiquehardware.com/Wood-Shelf-Brackets/Large-Cherry-Shelf-Bracket

and this one http://www.vandykes.com/product/9-1-2-curved-bracket-corbel

(sorry for the pastes). I really wanted something with a outward curve...not that easy to find. : )

Here is a link that might be useful: nice but too thick

o

I added them to against white Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here