Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kitchenaddict

Progress! Delicatus White/Peppercorn Pics

kitchenaddict
13 years ago

I finally got my pictures developed..Yes, the old fashioned 35 mm. film stuff. Just wanted to share some pics of what we have so far. The backsplash was put in today (crema marble tumbled subway), but that picture is on a brand new role of film:)

Delicatus White Granite

Anthracite silgranit sink

Cabinets with Olivia...

Cabinets with granite

Comments (25)

• cardamon
    13 years ago

I love your kitchen and the granite is really, really nice. I have picked out the same granite and I posted earlier 1 of my slabs might be missing from the fabricator's hold area. But anyway mine did or does look like yours. And if it is gone I hope I'll find more that looks like yours. It looks perfect and I wish you happiness in your new kitchen! Your cat is divine. He/She just belongs.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

That is jawdroppingly beautiful!

Can't wait to see more pics!

(And your kitty is adorable--they certainly know when the camera is out, don't they? ;^) )

• friedajune
    13 years ago

Wow. Those are beautiful counters.

And I love it when the pet's color matches the kitchen! (You'd be surprised how often that happens; don't know whether we do it unconsciously or it's just a coincidence. My favorite is the cat Daki in Daki's kitchen on the FKB).

• chris45ny
    13 years ago

Your cat coordinates with your kitchen!!! Delicatus is one of my favorite granites. Lucky you!!

• teaforwendy
    13 years ago

Lookin' totally gorgeous, KA. Can't wait to see the backsplash. YOU must be so excited!

Are you putting your things away yet?

• nursetammi
    13 years ago

So so pretty, can't wait to see how things all come out.

• Laurie
    13 years ago

/me pets the kitty too :)

I'm probably going with the Peppercorn and seeing it now, I love it even more. The granite is stunning too, one which I've been considering. It's coming along beautifully.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

That looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!

• stevie_2010
    13 years ago

Stunning. You've chosen really well. I predict lots of versions of that combo will start to show up on GW once all the newest joiners who are still deciding see those pictures!

• gmnolen
    13 years ago

Breathtakingly beautiful! I never saw anything like that during our hunt for granite. You have impeccable taste. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

• abananie
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is really sharp looking. Love the contrast with your granite against the cabinets. Can't wait to see it all finished!

I have a black cat too...they don't usually take very good pictures, but Olivia looks pretty cute!!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! It's the opposite of the white cab/black granite trend. And your reversal of the colors is genius. I didn't see that granite during my first tour, but you'd better believe I'm going to look for it now! And Olivia is gorgeous also. (Coming from one black cat owner to another.)

• sherriz
    13 years ago

Great kitchen. What color is your floor and what type of wood is it?

• donnakay2009
    13 years ago

Wow!! This is so dramatic and beautiful. You will never get tired of looking at it. Your granite goes so well with those knockout cabinets. Good job!!!!

• kitchenaddict
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am really touched by all of your kind compliments and support. I don't think my kitchen would be turning out so nicely if it hadn't been for the people on the GW Kitchen Forum. It was here where I saw pictures of your beautiful kitchens, and sought advice from your experience. So A HUGE THANK YOU to ALL of YOU!

maggie...I have been following your thread about your granite slab, and I hope everything turns out well. If you find that you need Delicatus White, check with Arizona Tile.

akchicago...Yes I've seen Daki's kitchen. Inspiring to me and love the cat in those photos too!

chrisny...I got that silgranit sink because of you..LOVE IT!

teafor...Have you decided on your backsplash?? Yes I started putting things away..after washing and dusting them first, of course..:) Dust everywhere!

• kitchenaddict
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sherriz...That is just good ole' Pergo Select flooring in Prarie Red Pine. We had it in the rest of our house and absolutely love it for its durability and easy maintenance. It still looks brand new and we have had it 6 yrs. So we found more of it in a warehouse,(it is a discontinued color), and extended it into the kitchen.

• friedajune
    13 years ago

Can you provide a couple more pics which show your crema marble tumbled subway backsplash? It looks beautiful from what I can see, but it is a little hard to see in the pics above. What color grout did you use for the crema marble? TIA!

• kitchenaddict
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ak...I only have a 35mm camera. I just put a new role of film in it...so as soon as I use up the role I will be posting more pictures. The backsplash was done just yesterday, so I don't have any pictures of it yet. I can tell you that the color of the grout used was "Bone." Thank you for the compliment and I will get back to you with the pictures in about a week, I hope:) Just keep an eye out for a thread from me!

• pugrolls
    13 years ago

Crazy gorgeous. I LOVE the cabinet/granite combo! Very inspirational for my own look. (We're going with espresso cabinets that are just a little lighter -- I think I like your darker cabs better! -- and are still searching for the perfect rock).

Congrats on the awesome progress!

• kitchenaddict
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks pugs! The cabinets look super dark black in the pictures. Not really that dark in person. Good Luck finding the rock! I stumbled upon Del. White by chance. I knew when I saw it that it was what I had been looking for. I bet that will happen to you when you find yours:)

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

Oh that is absolutely yummy.

Love it!

• megradek
    13 years ago

Oh Rita!!! it is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for alerting me to your thread. I'm a bit sporadic on here these days, so I often miss so many wonderful posts. I'm sorry the lanterns didn't work for your space. We actually only have 9' ceilings. We pulled the chain up and positioned them so we weren't looking through them when standing at the island. are your ceilings 8'?

The counters are so full of depth. I bet you will find yourself gazing into the cavernous looking spots. so fun! I love the peppercorn cabs. Your kitty is so pretty too :)

PLEASE post pics of your backsplash!

mairin

• doonie
    13 years ago

Stunning! I love the dramatic contrast. I really like the sink. I am getting the Cafe Brown Silgranit. I can hardly wait to see the backsplash photos. Really neat kitchen!

• vidaprodiga
    13 years ago

I need a towel to clean up the drool from my mouth- FABULOUS... your kitchen is gorgeous- your stone is perfect! I love it!

• kitchenaddict
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks bee, vida, and doonie..I appreciate the compliments. You don't know how many times I second guessed myself when making my choices, so it's nice to read those comments:)

doonie-you're going to love that sink!

Oh..And I miswrote about what my backsplash material is called. It's Crema Marfil 2x4 subway. The tile guy said it's marble. I didn't know that, just thought it was pretty.

Mairin..I referred to your pictures so many times when it came to those lanterns, just trying to figure out how yours were hung so high. We never actually got to hang them because they came way before the electrical was in. And I was down to a week left on the return policy to figure it all out. Stressful! I would get my husband up at 2 in the morning and we would stand there holding this heavy lantern up and measuring etc...Ha Ha..good times!
    It finally dawned on me that your ceilings were higher. And that one foot would have made the difference.

Here's a link to what I ordered instead...I am really hoping I like them....It's so hard to tell from just a picture!!

Here is a link that might be useful: bellacor pendant