txjoyce

Source for Drawer Knobs/Pulls

txjoyce
11 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good source to buy drawer pulls and knobs online? Thanks

Comments (13)

• clarygrace
    11 years ago

We used Restoration Hardware. Very nice quality.

There are many others...Top Knobs is one...here's a link that might help! Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: knobs and pulls

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Lee Valley - they have an easy to use on-line catalogue.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

You're kidding, right?

• willtv
    11 years ago

D. Lawless Hardware has a wide selection & good prices.

• FiveZs
    11 years ago

Houseofantiquehardware.com, quality is exceptional.

• alvmusick
    11 years ago

Horton Brasses - http://www.horton-brasses.com/ - I found them on GW and love the knobs and pulls we now have in our kitchen. Their customer services is also amazing.

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

Do consider going to a brick and mortar store to feel the knobs and pulls. Some will feel better or worse because of the way they're made, for instance the back side of a pull may have corners that feel uncomfortable to you. A bigger concern though is how the hardware matches your hands ergonomically speaking. Is there enough room between the pull and the drawer face to comfortable place your fingers? Is there enough space from side to side for your fingers? Are the knobs large enough that you can get a good hold on them, but not so large that they look giganto on your door. Are you good with the size and feel overall? Does the hardware feel solid, not flimsy? These are things that are hard to tell from looking at a picture online. Even if you end up ordering online, it's good to make at least one serious trip to lay your actual hands on actual hardware.

• txjoyce
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the ideas. They start painting the cabinets next week so I've got to get serious. Suzannesl, you make a great point and I'll definitely make a stop locally and take a painted door with me.

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

ebay.

I buy one as a sample. if i like it, order more.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I bought mine at a brick and mortar store (but they shipped them to me as I was in visiting DM and live out of state and a bit hard to carry handles on the plane! - although, I did carry 25 of them at one point, when I thought I was switching to another handle - the TSA folks went ballistic but had a good chuckle when we opened the box!).
    Baldwin Brass in West Reading, PA - great discounts if you want Baldwin or Colonial. Nice folks also.
    Free shipping over $200.00, I think.
    I ordered other samples on-line and when they arrived, they just didn't have the quality and feel that I wanted.
    Mine are the right handles for my kitchen. I almost switched to Badgergal's handles - which would have been great if I didn't already have my faucet in another color. (I also bought the faucet through BB as they were so helpful)

PS - I bought some samples at Look in the Attic - terrible experience. The website states 30 day return - but if you read the fine print - 18% re-stocking fee (and you have to open another page to see it)
    I even called the company before ordering and they never mentioned this. I wanted to come pick up the hardware as not very far away but they said the show room was closed for renovations.
    I called afterward and they said tough... So, I know where I won't go again.

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

Check out gliderite.com- we got traditional European pulls and they are fully solid stainless steel. The most expensive size I purchased was 14 inches and it around 2.80 each. They are sold in lots of ten. The will send samples and one of pulls arrived damaged they overnighted a replacement even though there was no rush.

• poohpup
    11 years ago

Definitely go feel the knobs/pulls in person! Highly recommend ordering one to make sure it will work in your kitchen. I was positive I was going with a certain Amerock pull until I held a sample pull up to my cabinets. Realized that, while the color looked fabulous, the pull was too shallow to grab easily and I ended up using a different pull. Very glad I did!

I ended up purchasing the pulls through my kitchen company. They were able to get a wholesale price and I couldn't beat it online. Every single vendor I checked had the same price on the pulls I wanted.