Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coyote2

below-sink hose connector?

coyote2
9 years ago

For years I've loved having a simple garden hose adapter on the end of my kitchen faucet (stock photo below) so I can get hot water into the yard every month or so.

But I'm about to have a pull-down faucet* installed, and it seems such an adapter won't work on them, so...

Is there some sort of under-sink adapter I could have installed (it would only need to tap the hot water line)?

*I'm still deciding which (maybe a "Kohler Simplice K-647" or a " Hansgrohe 06460000 Allegro E SemiPro").

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Why not just have a hot water spigot plumbed to your exterior?

• coyote2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply, Trebruchet!

"Why not just have a hot water spigot plumbed to your exterior?"

My landlord (I rent) wouldn't agree to that. Which is OK, my kitchen sink is just a few feet from my sliding glass door to the yard.

Is there some undersink fixture I can ask a plumber to install to meet my need?

• User
    9 years ago

Your landlord wouldn't appreciate you mucking about with the plumbing at all then. There isn't anything you can do here that wouldn't be a Rube Goldberg mass of a half dozen potentially leaky brass ''adapters'' from your shutoff valve. Garden hoses are different sizes than undersink shutoff valves and the ONLY way to do this correctly messes with the home's permanent piping to create a permanent hot tap.

• coyote2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply, hollysprings!

Bummer. I know he'll let me (I've got a disability it accommodates) install the new faucet, and if it could be more elegant than you say (yikes, "a Rube Goldberg mass of a half dozen potentially leaky brass ''adapters'' from your shutoff valve"!) probably that too but you're right. Perhaps I'll just run the hose to my bathroom sink instead.

• brightm
    9 years ago

Curious. What do you do with hot water outside?

• coyote2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@cal_quail:
    I've got carpal tunnel, and I presoak very hard-to-clean pots (in fabric softener and automatic dishwasher detergent) so I'm capable of cleaning the pots.

• User
    9 years ago

A DW with a potscrubber cycle would be a better additon to talk your landlord into. It would add value to the rental.

• coyote2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply, hollysprings!

Perhaps I should look into that, however I can't imagine that the extreme baking (a long story) I do could be cleaned by a DW with a potscrubber cycle.

• weissman
    9 years ago

coyote2 - you'd be surprised what a good DW can do these days!. Also, can't you just soak the pots in the sink or on your counter instead of taking them outside?

• coyote2
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply, weissman!

The pots, and my hands, are so bad it takes weeks of multiple soakings.

Using the bathroom wont be so bad; I will need a longer hose tho since the 2 I hook together leak in between and can't have that inside!

• emmarene9
    9 years ago

lol..... Rube Goldberg

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

With your issue I suspect many options have been tried. But am going to suggest water in pans on stove to a boil or in microwave if glass. I always use water in my pans as soon as they come off the stove (less the food). This cleans the leftover immediately.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES