Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
High end appliances?

Posted by ashie0324 (My Page) on
Thu, May 16, 13 at 17:26

Hi All,
We are currently in the midst of a major reno which includes moving a kitchen that was just done in 2005. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the appliances, countertops or cabinetry--we just can't use them in our redo. I'm wondering if anyone knows the best place to sell this stuff. I have a DCS 36" cooktop, a SubZero 42inch side by side, a kitchen aid dishwasher and a Ventahood 36" Let me know

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: High end appliances?

Craigslist or eBay. You would get better prices on eBay probably, particularly if you live in an area where they could be easily picked up (large enough population that someone near you would be interested).

o

I'll second what palimpest said. I bought several of my appliances off craigslist (high end ones) and got them for an amazing deal and they were new (not boxed) but unused. Saved about 4K on my 2 ovens. You will probably be able to make more money on ebay. However, keep in mind that they still are 8 years old and chances are people will not be willing to pay what you may think they are worth. I hope I'm wrong but just be prepared.

o

Where are u located? I am interested..

o

7 year old appliances? You'll be lucky to get 20% of their original cost anywhere. Ebay will net you more, but be more of a hassle. If you don't need the cabinets either, you might contact Green Demolitions and get more for the package deal and at least keep things out of the landfill.

o

I'd put the whole kitchen, as a unit, on craigslist. It's an easy layout to work with, and the whole thing could likely be plopped into a new space pretty easily. It's a pretty nice looking "before" kitchen.

o

I just sold my 20 year old builder grade golden oak cabinets for $1000 on Craigslist. There was something like 22 cabinets + 20 year old electric cooktop + electric oven.

o

Yep, craigslist or Ebay local pick-up only.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here