Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
KAW: A Decidedly Decadent Dessert

Posted by leela4 (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 17:21

I've never done a KAW before. Whenever I've thought about it, I've either gotten to the final product without remembering or thinking about photos along the way, or I'm too much in a hassled time crunch to want to do it. Plus I don't have high end/fancy appliances (although I know that's irrelevant) to show off.

But. This time I planned ahead, partially because there are several steps to this, and also because it is so outside of our ''normal'' way of eating. I really don't make desserts often - mainly just for special occasions. I had friends for dinner last week to celebrate a birthday. Instead of making the usual chocolate flourless cake that my friend loves, I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls. Full disclosure: this is NOT an original recipe. DD1 lives in Madison,WI, and a favorite restaurant there is called Bluephies. This is from a cookbook from that restaurant.

First I made a chocolate sauce:
 photo IMG_1055_zps8bdb9bed.jpg

Then, the dough (no eggs in this):
 photo IMG_1059_zps26a05cfc.jpg

Then, you put them in a wonton wrapper:
 photo IMG_1061_zpsd8324ff7.jpg
 photo IMG_1062_zps917d551c.jpg
 photo IMG_1063_zpsf8786bd5.jpg

And then you freeze them:
 photo IMG_1065_zpsb830a0cc.jpg

And for the final, really decadent part, you deep fat fry them. Seriously, I probably haven't deep fat fried anything in 40 years. But, anything for a friend:
 photo IMG_1066_zps0f2839c9.jpg
 photo IMG_1067_zps57a92ef4.jpg

Happy birthday, Mo.
 photo IMG_1071_zpsa36e3162.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: KAW: A Decidedly Decadent Dessert

This post is worthless without a recipe.

That looks decadent, fattening and delicious! Way to tease us without posting the recipe! ;)

o

yum!!! Recipe please!!!

o

Recipe? No way - I'll just have one of those! My birthday is in December - do they mail well? ;P

o

I couldn't wait any longer and went out and found the recipe (I knew I wouldn't be the only one who wanted it!).

Here is a link that might be useful: recipe

o

Oops-sorry folks. Yes, ck-that's where I found the recipe online, although DD1 also has the cookbook.

I sent most of the leftovers home with the 2 other couples who were here, which left only 2 for us-which was exactly right. (I REALLY didn't want a whole lot of those hanging around here, yelling at me to devour them . . .)

o

Leela - I know what you mean! I have brownies in the kitchen right now screaming at me!

(great story on that link, too - I love a couple who bucks tradition)

o

Oh...my...those look great !! Love your pics and a wonderful KAW .c

o

Yum!!!! I might have to try that recipe....!

o

What a special and unique dessert -- thanks for sharing your KAW!! I especially like how they can be made ahead and kept frozen.

o

What a great unique dessert! I don't make many desserts either, but I'm going to give this one a try when some relatives visit in July. Thanks!

o

Does the center (cookie dough) end up cookie-like or gooey? Does it keep the dough flavor? I've made cc cookies my whole life and, while I love the end results, there is nothing, NOTHING, that compares to eating cookie dough. I usually only bake them because I have a hankering to eat some dough. My daughter and I once made a batch that never got baked. Over the course of a few days we just were both in and out of the fridge with spoonfuls of dough. My husband might have joined in.

o

linelle-the dough does remain sort of gooey. In fact, I was worried about that, but it is a nice contrast to the crispy fried won ton wrappers. It also tastes like dough. Like you, I've been making chocolate chip cookies almost my whole life, in fact I still primarily use my mother's recipe. And of course I've eaten my share of dough through the years, uncooked eggs and all. One nice thing about this recipe is that there are no eggs in it.

o

oooooooo.
Who needs a recipe!
Cookie dough.
Wonton wrappers.
Oil.
Chocolate sauce.

Eggs? Oh, geeze. Get some pasturized egg beaters if you care that much. I'm willing to bet you folks who Fear the Egg eat chicken, right?

I'm off to buy another tub cookie dough. I have a neighbor who will love to fry these for me. I'll probably have to give up a few in trade, but....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here