Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 17:05

I have a natural - low sheen cherry cabinets.
The 2 cabs closest to the stove *both sides* have some grease splatter, etc....

Any suggestions on how to clean it.
I don't want to *rub* too much or induce too much sheen into the cabinets. But I do need to cut the grease.

Thoughts, suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets

Murphy's oill soap?

o
RE: Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets

Although I have used Murphy's oil soap on old cherry bedroom furniture successfully, I would not use it on kitchen cabinets. I know not to use it on site finished floors - it softens the finish - and my concern would be the same for kitchen cabinets.

I use very diluted Dawn dishsoap on a well wrung sponge on dried food and old cooking splatters on my low sheen natural cherry kitchen cabinets. It's very effective with minimal rubbing. For extra tough grime I use it more concentrated rather than more rubbing. My fridge and dw are both cabinet paneled and can get sloppy and they all have held up well. The kitchen is about 8 years old and the cabinets look fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here