Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possible to drop in an undermount sink? kinda crazy but...

Posted by browneyes776 (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 17:01

I've been looking at the blanco microedge sinks thinking they'd be a great solution to my fear of chipping the edges of my quartzite around my sink. However, I feel like the prices are so disproportionately high that I'm not sure what I'm really paying for. (I'm sure Blanco would tell me that they're expertly manufactured to sit perfectly flat, etc.)

My other fear is long term commitment to anything and a single bowl undermount sink is somewhat unfamiliar and I don't want to be stuck with it if I change my mind. A drop in would help alleviate that fear as well.

Anyway, I'm open to other ideas but wondered if dropping in an undermount could be a possibility.

I've got another thread so apologies for board hogging. If anyone has another great suggestion my budget is about $400 and I've got a 33" base cabinet.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possible to drop in an undermount sink? kinda crazy but...

There are sinks that are designed to be mounted either way, but with an undermount there is not much of a finished edge around the top to create any kind of lip.

Why not just pick a conventional top mount sink?

o

I want it to be able to sit flush like the microedge. But I'd rather not pay $900 for a product that looks to be nearly identical to a $250 one just with a different spec sheet!

I hope that makes sense!

o

I have the same question. Please let me know if you try it or get a good answer.

o

I'm having the same issue. We really want to go undermount but limitations prevent us from doing so. I'm looking for a great drop in with very flat edges... But why are they all like $1k?!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here