Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scrappygal

Kitchen design, back to the drawing board

Scrappygal
9 years ago

So contractor says the cooktop as I had it was a no-go. Looking for input on this design. The main 2 questions...

Dining room is opposite the wall with fridge and there are no sliders or anything off it. Living room is behind the wall with the stove.

I like the peninsula where it is because it means the stools would be out of the way in the dining room, away from the living room. However, someone said maybe that it would be good to have it form the other side so that I can keep people out of my oven zone. Opinions?

Frequent questions I get-no, I will not move windows, we just put new siding on last year and I like them; also the other option is a corner dishwasher in the peninsula, but I think it would be annoying to be putting dishes in over the end rather than the side like I am now and I'd envisioned my glasses and plates in the drawers in the peninsula for it's proximity to the dining room. Opinions?

Is it weird having pantry on one side of the fridge and counter on the other? I'd put my coffee maker, toaster, ect over there and use it for pulling things out of the fridge. Might get a left open full-door fridge rather than French. Opinions?

Is it weird to have no uppers between the windows or will it make it feel more open?

Lastly, is the fridge too far away? The contractor just can't fit dishwasher and cooktop/range on the wall between the two windows.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths