Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basement kitchenette - White or Stained??

Posted by rtwilliams (My Page) on
Tue, May 28, 13 at 16:42

I am planning a basement kitchenette. I do in home child care and use my basement kitchen every day. I want to put in white cabinets but DH wants stained cabinets . Most basement bar pictures I look at have stained cabinetry.
This basement is a view/walk out and gets lots of light from 2 large windows and a sliding glass door so I am not concerned about it being too dark.

This is the current basement wet bar. We are basically putting in a u shaped kitchen with a 2 burner induction cook top, microwave, toaster oven, dishwasher and raised bar.

Would you put in white or stained?

This post was edited by rtwilliams on Tue, May 28, 13 at 18:35

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basement kitchenette - White or Stained??

I think stained would be more compatible with the overall look of what's already going on with the furniture and flooring.

o

White.

o

With in home child care, I'd definitely do stained

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here