Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problems with KA dishwasher KUDS30?

Posted by marcia59 (My Page) on
Sun, May 19, 13 at 16:33

I'm deciding between the KA KUDS30 and the KUDE48. Actually, in terms of features that I do and don't want, I prefer the 30. But I'm hesitating for two reasons. CR didn't love the 30 and definitely preferred the 48. Also, while there aren't all that many reviews out there for the 30, many of them are poor and there's a consistent problem with the upper rack. Now, I know enough not to put huge amounts of credence in what is a very small amount of reviews compared to the probably thousands of items that have been sold. But it's also been my experience that when many of the negative reviews focus on the same problem, there's probably something to pay attention to. I can hardly find any reviews for the 48, so it's hard to compare.

What I'm wondering is if any of you have any more specific knowledge about the upper rack problem. All anyone ever says is "upper rack" and I don't know if it's a problem with the rack itself, with the long metal glide or with the wheel mechanism that connects the two.

It matters because, as far as I can tell, the 30 and the 48 use the exact same rack, but different glides and wheel mechanisms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problems with KA dishwasher KUDS30?

I read the same, and even though it was the DW that had everything I wanted, in the end I didn't get it because of the complaints about the rack, the control panel failing, and the inadvertent turning it on.

There was a Whirlpool model that also was well rated, but again, just enough complaints that I felt too unsure.

The one that I did get wasn't a CR recommended model either, but it was rated mid-upper, I saw few complaints, and it was over $200 less than the KA,, so I decided to take the chance.

o
RE: Problems with KA dishwasher KUDS30?

After much research we ended up with the KUDS30FXBL (hidden controls). We've had it for a couple of months now and I love it.

As far as I recall, the complaint about the rack is that the rollers break. So far so good here.

It is a tad hard to remove the top rack completely, though, if you want to do that. I call upon the engineer in the family for that.

My only complaint is that the silverware rack is too big and wastes space. It would be nice if it snapped apart so you could use all, or half of it, according to need.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here