Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Problems with KA dishwasher KUDS30?

msl511
10 years ago

I'm deciding between the KA KUDS30 and the KUDE48. Actually, in terms of features that I do and don't want, I prefer the 30. But I'm hesitating for two reasons. CR didn't love the 30 and definitely preferred the 48. Also, while there aren't all that many reviews out there for the 30, many of them are poor and there's a consistent problem with the upper rack. Now, I know enough not to put huge amounts of credence in what is a very small amount of reviews compared to the probably thousands of items that have been sold. But it's also been my experience that when many of the negative reviews focus on the same problem, there's probably something to pay attention to. I can hardly find any reviews for the 48, so it's hard to compare.

What I'm wondering is if any of you have any more specific knowledge about the upper rack problem. All anyone ever says is "upper rack" and I don't know if it's a problem with the rack itself, with the long metal glide or with the wheel mechanism that connects the two.

It matters because, as far as I can tell, the 30 and the 48 use the exact same rack, but different glides and wheel mechanisms.

Comments (2)