Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Method Dishwasher Tabs - A Rave and A Question

msl511
10 years ago

We've been finding that things sometimes come out of our 6 year old KA dishwasher with food stuck on them, despite being pretty diligent about rinsing. (On the one hand, DH could do a better job with things that really stick or have dried on. OTOH, wouldn't it be nice if he didn't have to?) We use Cascade, which has always gotten good reviews. We didn't always have the problem, but I couldn't say when it started, so I don't know whether to blame the aging dishwasher or the mandatory change in dishwasher detergent formulas.

Anyway, Method tabs get such good reviews, I decided to try them.

SO GOOD!!!!

I've stopped rinsing. I barely scrape. I made pancakes Sunday morning and put the mixing bowl, still with a thick layer of batter in it, on the top rack of the dishwasher Sunday morning. It had all day to dry on there and drip on things in the bottom rack. One Method tab later . . .spotless! Amazing! WEP!

But, it would be nice if it weren't quite so many pennies and I've read about people only using half a tab. Is anyone breaking Method tabs in half and, if so, how? It's not scored and it's quite thick in the middle, so I can't just break it with my hands. I tried taking a knife to it, but it doesn't just cut easily. It really seemed like I was going to have to stand there and saw and saw and saw and that I was going to end up with a lot of little crumbs of detergent making a mess.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022