Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Method Dishwasher Tabs - A Rave and A Question

Posted by marcia59 (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 16:23

We've been finding that things sometimes come out of our 6 year old KA dishwasher with food stuck on them, despite being pretty diligent about rinsing. (On the one hand, DH could do a better job with things that really stick or have dried on. OTOH, wouldn't it be nice if he didn't have to?) We use Cascade, which has always gotten good reviews. We didn't always have the problem, but I couldn't say when it started, so I don't know whether to blame the aging dishwasher or the mandatory change in dishwasher detergent formulas.

Anyway, Method tabs get such good reviews, I decided to try them.

SO GOOD!!!!

I've stopped rinsing. I barely scrape. I made pancakes Sunday morning and put the mixing bowl, still with a thick layer of batter in it, on the top rack of the dishwasher Sunday morning. It had all day to dry on there and drip on things in the bottom rack. One Method tab later . . .spotless! Amazing! WEP!

But, it would be nice if it weren't quite so many pennies and I've read about people only using half a tab. Is anyone breaking Method tabs in half and, if so, how? It's not scored and it's quite thick in the middle, so I can't just break it with my hands. I tried taking a knife to it, but it doesn't just cut easily. It really seemed like I was going to have to stand there and saw and saw and saw and that I was going to end up with a lot of little crumbs of detergent making a mess.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Method Dishwasher Tabs - A Rave and A Question

I use these a lot. I cut them with a heavy duty kitchen shears but poultry or gardening shears will do. Didn't think they'd cut cleanly but they usually do. I cut about half a bag at a time and put them in a plastic jar with screw top and keep them next to the whole tabs. Light loads get half.

Found I can get them on sale, 3 packs at a time, at drugstore.com. Target also has them. I like the grapefruit rose fragrance best. No chemically smell.

So glad you like them. I found out about them over on Appliances and with no bleach in them I don't worry about my septic system.

This post was edited by rococogurl on Wed, May 29, 13 at 17:56

o
RE: Method Dishwasher Tabs - A Rave and A Question

Do a search on the Appliances Forum. I think Fauguy posted that he buys Method Smarty tabs in bulk on Amazon, and gets a real savings. I love Method Tabs too, mostly cause I don't like fragrance, and Method is Dye and Perfume Free. I buy mine at Target. I break them in half depending on how full my DW is, and how greasy are the dishes. I think I may start breaking them in half all the time for all my loads; I think a whole tab might not be necessary. I just rap the tabs hard on the counter edge and they break - not that evenly, but evenly enough.

Here is a link that might be useful: Method Smarty Tabs at Target

This post was edited by shannonplus2 on Wed, May 29, 13 at 19:36

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here