Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tapmaster install question

Posted by michoumonster (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 16:08

Hi all,
we are having our tapmaster begrudgingly installed by our GC. we got the 1775 model. Our GC says that the tapmaster does not fit securely on the fittings. he says it can eventually leak/pop out.
I was wondering if anyone had this issue also? it seems like nobody has ever complained about it on the forum before, so maybe we are missing some parts? thanks for any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tapmaster install question

I suspect it is a problem with the installer. The place I ordered it from was very helpful with installation tips. I would call them.

o

No such issue with my Euro 1775. Mine came from Conserv-a-store.

o

Well, we installed a 1775 euro under our kitchen sink and it works fine. If you really think you might be missing some parts just check for these. a toe lever, two switches, faucet and the tubes that tie all these together.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Renovations Toronto

o

Well, we installed a 1775 euro under our kitchen sink and it works fine. If you really think you might be missing some parts just check for these. a toe lever, two switches, faucet and the tubes that tie all these together.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Renovations Toronto

o

thanks everyone. so our gc explained that we are not missing any parts. just that he thinks the tapmaster design is flawed. apparently the valve connection that goes into the hot/cold lines is smooth rather than grooved. then a nut is tightened around it.
here is the installation diagram. i put a red arrow where the valve is smooth for you to see.

he thinks that at some point of high water pressure it can bust out, or it can leak over time. he warned us that he would not be responsible for leaks.. so got us a little worried..
but it seems nobody has had this issue?

o

I've been here for years and have never seen a Tapmaster bursting issue. It sounds to me like your GC is just CYA'ing it. My very cautious and experienced finish plumber has installed a couple different kinds of systems like Tapmaster, and he never said anything to me about mine possibly being a hazard.

o

thanks Breezy, i feel better with the reassurance. we tested it out and it works fine. yeah, sounds like he is CYAing. i guess we can always retighten it again if it does leak anyway..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here