Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Follow up to my builder Aristokraft cabinet debate

Posted by kathryn77 (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 15:49

So, I just came from the design center. We ended up not going with either the saddle or the rouge. Too light, and too red, respectively. No offense to anyone who has them, they just weren't to my taste.

We ended up with the Landen maple in Umber, with the Giallo granite. I hope I like it. I hate making that kind of decision. Right now I have it with the wheat hardwood, but I'm considering going a shade darker, it looks really light in the pictures. In the picture it is the darker cabinet on the right.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped with my decision! I wish we could have taken more time with it, but the contract is pretty specific that we have to have it all decided in the 2 week period, which is up tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Follow up to my builder Aristokraft cabinet debate

Oh, and the backsplash is a Rittenhouse glossy tile (subway tile? it looks like bricks) in Almond. I decided last minute I didn't want the ceramic.

o

What a beautiful combo! I like this better than the saddle or the rouge. I like it with the lighter floor. You did a great job in choosing and I am so anxious to see it when it's done.

o

I think it will look great!!!

o

I think you made an excellent choice. Good luck with your new build. I hope you are enjoying the experience. Are you posting on the Building forum? I would love to see your updates. Our scheduled completion is June 18, 2013. It been almost a year long process. Some of the decisions were so long ago I can't even remember what I decided :)

o

Thanks so much for the feedback. I hope I'll love it. I haven't joined the Building forum, I didn't even know there was one. But I will. I hope they'll be done in 6 months, but I'm really just guessing

o

Oh, I love the umber that is going to be beautiful.

o

Looks great. My neighbor has the same granite with similar color doors and it is a very nice combination. I think you should stick with the wheat color floor.
Good luck with the building process. I have gone through it twice and it is so much fun to watch everything come together. The only part that was I wouldn't want to do again is the landscapping. I would love to know how many rocks I picked and how many holes I dug for all the various plants, shrubs and trees that we planted

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here