Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prep Sink Dilema

Posted by JoyzKitchen (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 15:47

I have a relatively small space for my prep sink. The cabinet is 21" wide but only 16" deep. It backs up to my mixer cabinet. There are limited options available. Do you think my main sink and prep sink should be from the same manufacturer? The rep at the plumbing company suggested the Franke GDX 11031 for my main sink and the GDX 11021 for my prep sink. To make it work we would need to install the prep sink sideways which would mean the drain is off center to the left and the emblem inside would be on the left. Do you think that would look strange? Also, what depth do you suggest for a prep sink. A few of the options that I have seen are 7" deep. Is that too shallow? Will I get a lot of splashing from the faucet? I am considering the Grohe Minta arched faucet with touch technology. Thank you for your help. I am going crazy searching for sinks online.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prep Sink Dilema

I see no reason to use the same manufacturer. I would concentrate, especially in your situation, on finding the "right" sink for your small cabinet.

That having been said, I doubt anyone would look askance at the drain or emblem being on the left!

o
RE: Prep Sink Dilema

In case it would make a difference, although specs may say to mount a sink wholly within the negative space within a cabinet, many people wanting a larger sink mount with the flange overlapping the sides of the box or even 2 or 3 boxes, with the tops of the boxes shaved down a bit to make room. Sometimes even a side or two to make a bit extra room for the bowl.

As for looking odd, probably not, and so what? Sinks are mounted sideways now and then, especially in commercial kitchens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here