Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frosty Carrina counters and White Cabinets - NessaB?

Posted by JoyzKitchen (My Page) on
Tue, May 21, 13 at 15:39

I am a little nervous doing a white on white kitchen. I want to make sure I get the colors right. I am considering frosty carrina counters with white kitchen cabinets. Does anyone have that combination? If so, please let me know the paint color of your cabinets and what you decided to do for a backsplash. Pictures would be great! Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frosty Carrina counters and White Cabinets - NessaB?

HI Joyz... I am also trying to figure out my counters and I purchased two samples of the new marble look alikes, Frosty Carrina is REALLY light, a creamy white with very soft veins, and London grey is definately more of a contrast. I also saw Frosty Carrina installed in a kitchen showroom locally, and from the door it looks all white, only when you get up to it does it have any pattern, it is very subtle.

o

HI Joyz... I am also trying to figure out my counters and I purchased two samples of the new marble look alikes, Frosty Carrina is REALLY light, a creamy white with very soft veins, and London grey is definately more of a contrast. I also saw Frosty Carrina installed in a kitchen showroom locally, and from the door it looks all white, only when you get up to it does it have any pattern, it is very subtle.

o

Hi Jam_SF,
Are you planning to do white cabinets? What do you have in mind for a backsplash?

o

Hi
I'm doing white shaker perimeter with pebble caesarstone, and my island is brownish gray and I'm struggling to figure out what to do on island counter. For backsplash, I really like AKDOs heavy rain in marble. I like the neutral colors in the marble. But I love glass too. I searched through houzz to see backsplash that I liked. I like how the marble looks with pebble.

o

Joyzkitchen - I have white cabinets and will have my FC counters installed Friday. Yes, it is light with subtle veining. That is exactly what I wanted for my kitchen. The color will come in through the paint, backsplash or fabric on the windows. You may or may not want more of a contrast. I am really looking forward to the the end of the week and love the FC.

o

Doba -- That is very exciting. I would love to see pictures when your FC is installed. I am going with a white on white kitchen. I have white shaker cabinets with a dark stained island. I am planning on using a white marble mini subway backsplash. I am still debating if I should go with the marble counters or the FC. What color are your cabinets? I am going with BM Swiss Coffee. T

o

Sorry JoyzKitchen, I have been away and didn't see the post until today. The FC is installed, but no pics yet because the contractor has covered everything since they are still doing a lot of work. It is very "light" and "clean" looking and I love it . I plan to bring in a little more depth/color with the backsplash and paint. That is why everything is covered up now. If you are still deciding and really need to see a small section of the counter top I can remove a little bit and take a photo. Let me know.

o

Doba and others - any pictures of your Frosty Carrina? Please share links to your "finished" kitchens!!

o

Yes photos please if your counters are in - pretty please!!!!

o

Here it is...

o

I wanted to say that we love the FC so much we put it in our MB too. It is indestructable. I really mean it. Looks brand new every day. I am a big baker and roll out dough on the counter too. Works beautifully.

o

The Frosty Carrina Counters are beautiful!

o

Beautiful kitchen!

o

Thanks so much for posting - it's FAB-U-LOUS!!!! That's the look I was going for, but after etching both marble AND three different types of quartzite, I realize that I don't want to be a slave to the kitchen counter or worry when the kids have friends over - (otherwise I'd be "that" mother . . . ) I've looked at all the marblesque quartzes and they all look really artificial. The Frosty Carrina is pretty in its own right, and if it's bulletproof, then I'm sold. Just got to see if it falls within budget.

If you don't mind me asking, how did the price compare to say marble or quartzite if you shopped for any of them?

o

It can be pricier, but I don't know what type of marble you were looking at. Please consider the fact that you will NEVER have to reseal this stone. You can clean it with anything...soap, windex, antibac wipes, etc., etc.,....
I have seen coffee or orange juice stains that have been sitting overnight. Comes right off. Still in love with it and we just finished our MB. Used it in the shower (bench), countertop, and all trim/threshold pieces. When I showed a friend who lives in Florida my bathroom, she laughed and sent me her pics. She had also used FC.

o

just noticed I posted a photo without the potfiller installed incase anyone is wondering what the metal protrusion is above the stovetop in the tile.

o

My husband drew on the FC with a sharpie and it came off with some soft scrub! Anything left on it came off with Windex - except tabasco, and again the soft scrub did the trick so as far as durability and practicality it wins hands down. Thanks again for posting the pic; it's so helpful to see how the elements all come together.

o

Would love to see your finished kitchen.

o

Doba- would love to see more of your kitchen & details. Did you do a reveal I missed?

o

I never did the reveal. I don't mind answering specific questions if you have them.

o

There was another poster asking about white cabinet color to go with Frosty Carrina. I thought you had used Simply White for your cabinets.
Also, what is your backsplash material? Very pretty. It's similar to the tile I used.
Again, lovely kitchen!

o

I did use BM Simply White. Tiles are Sonoma Tile makers hand glazed.

o

Hi, can you tell me more specifically what the backsplash and where you purchased them? I live in Los Angeles. I am having a hard time finding a backsplash to go with Frosty Carrina. Thank you!

o

It's Sonoma Tile "Bossy Grey". They come in many size options, but ours is the 2x8. They really go well with the counter top. I get asked about them all the time. Alternatively, I know someone that used 3x6 glass tiles in a bluish color and they look great too.

o

I have dark gray Caesarstone and my fabricator/installer told me NOT to use Windex. Maybe the ammonia? After two years of nothing but water + Dawn, I'm using Method on it.

o

Doba, thanks for the information. I looked online for Sonoma Tile and I think I have a location to see the "Bossy Grey." I love your backsplash. Did you use a specific Santa Monica or Los Angeles location to find the tile? I'd love to know. I'm going a little crazy moving around to tile centers!

o

I have been using Method too because it smells so nice. Call Sonoma directly and see where they sell it. I am not in CA. I am in the DC area.

o

I am excited to see FC - so pretty. That is what I have chosen with cloud white and navy island.

o

Doba, beautiful kitchen and love those tiles!

o

Thank you. Also, renov8r please post your kitchen photos when you have them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here