Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joyzkitchen

Frosty Carrina counters and White Cabinets - NessaB?

JoyzKitchen
10 years ago

I am a little nervous doing a white on white kitchen. I want to make sure I get the colors right. I am considering frosty carrina counters with white kitchen cabinets. Does anyone have that combination? If so, please let me know the paint color of your cabinets and what you decided to do for a backsplash. Pictures would be great! Thank you

Comments (49)

• jmaurry
    10 years ago

HI Joyz... I am also trying to figure out my counters and I purchased two samples of the new marble look alikes, Frosty Carrina is REALLY light, a creamy white with very soft veins, and London grey is definately more of a contrast. I also saw Frosty Carrina installed in a kitchen showroom locally, and from the door it looks all white, only when you get up to it does it have any pattern, it is very subtle.

• jmaurry
    10 years ago

HI Joyz... I am also trying to figure out my counters and I purchased two samples of the new marble look alikes, Frosty Carrina is REALLY light, a creamy white with very soft veins, and London grey is definately more of a contrast. I also saw Frosty Carrina installed in a kitchen showroom locally, and from the door it looks all white, only when you get up to it does it have any pattern, it is very subtle.

• JoyzKitchen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Jam_SF,
    Are you planning to do white cabinets? What do you have in mind for a backsplash?

• jmaurry
    10 years ago

Hi
    I'm doing white shaker perimeter with pebble caesarstone, and my island is brownish gray and I'm struggling to figure out what to do on island counter. For backsplash, I really like AKDOs heavy rain in marble. I like the neutral colors in the marble. But I love glass too. I searched through houzz to see backsplash that I liked. I like how the marble looks with pebble.

• Doba
    10 years ago

Joyzkitchen - I have white cabinets and will have my FC counters installed Friday. Yes, it is light with subtle veining. That is exactly what I wanted for my kitchen. The color will come in through the paint, backsplash or fabric on the windows. You may or may not want more of a contrast. I am really looking forward to the the end of the week and love the FC.

• JoyzKitchen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Doba -- That is very exciting. I would love to see pictures when your FC is installed. I am going with a white on white kitchen. I have white shaker cabinets with a dark stained island. I am planning on using a white marble mini subway backsplash. I am still debating if I should go with the marble counters or the FC. What color are your cabinets? I am going with BM Swiss Coffee. T

• Doba
    10 years ago

Sorry JoyzKitchen, I have been away and didn't see the post until today. The FC is installed, but no pics yet because the contractor has covered everything since they are still doing a lot of work. It is very "light" and "clean" looking and I love it . I plan to bring in a little more depth/color with the backsplash and paint. That is why everything is covered up now. If you are still deciding and really need to see a small section of the counter top I can remove a little bit and take a photo. Let me know.

• blackchamois
    10 years ago

Doba and others - any pictures of your Frosty Carrina? Please share links to your "finished" kitchens!!

• longislandmomoftwo
    9 years ago

Yes photos please if your counters are in - pretty please!!!!

• Doba
    9 years ago

I wanted to say that we love the FC so much we put it in our MB too. It is indestructable. I really mean it. Looks brand new every day. I am a big baker and roll out dough on the counter too. Works beautifully.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

The Frosty Carrina Counters are beautiful!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Beautiful kitchen!

• longislandmomoftwo
    9 years ago

Thanks so much for posting - it's FAB-U-LOUS!!!! That's the look I was going for, but after etching both marble AND three different types of quartzite, I realize that I don't want to be a slave to the kitchen counter or worry when the kids have friends over - (otherwise I'd be "that" mother . . . ) I've looked at all the marblesque quartzes and they all look really artificial. The Frosty Carrina is pretty in its own right, and if it's bulletproof, then I'm sold. Just got to see if it falls within budget.

If you don't mind me asking, how did the price compare to say marble or quartzite if you shopped for any of them?

• Doba
    9 years ago

It can be pricier, but I don't know what type of marble you were looking at. Please consider the fact that you will NEVER have to reseal this stone. You can clean it with anything...soap, windex, antibac wipes, etc., etc.,....
    I have seen coffee or orange juice stains that have been sitting overnight. Comes right off. Still in love with it and we just finished our MB. Used it in the shower (bench), countertop, and all trim/threshold pieces. When I showed a friend who lives in Florida my bathroom, she laughed and sent me her pics. She had also used FC.

• Doba
    9 years ago

just noticed I posted a photo without the potfiller installed incase anyone is wondering what the metal protrusion is above the stovetop in the tile.

• longislandmomoftwo
    9 years ago

My husband drew on the FC with a sharpie and it came off with some soft scrub! Anything left on it came off with Windex - except tabasco, and again the soft scrub did the trick so as far as durability and practicality it wins hands down. Thanks again for posting the pic; it's so helpful to see how the elements all come together.

• Doba
    9 years ago

Would love to see your finished kitchen.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Doba- would love to see more of your kitchen & details. Did you do a reveal I missed?

• Doba
    9 years ago

I never did the reveal. I don't mind answering specific questions if you have them.

• romy718
    9 years ago

There was another poster asking about white cabinet color to go with Frosty Carrina. I thought you had used Simply White for your cabinets.
    Also, what is your backsplash material? Very pretty. It's similar to the tile I used.
    Again, lovely kitchen!

• Doba
    9 years ago

I did use BM Simply White. Tiles are Sonoma Tile makers hand glazed.

• LAdancer
    9 years ago

Hi, can you tell me more specifically what the backsplash and where you purchased them? I live in Los Angeles. I am having a hard time finding a backsplash to go with Frosty Carrina. Thank you!

• Doba
    9 years ago

It's Sonoma Tile "Bossy Grey". They come in many size options, but ours is the 2x8. They really go well with the counter top. I get asked about them all the time. Alternatively, I know someone that used 3x6 glass tiles in a bluish color and they look great too.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

I have dark gray Caesarstone and my fabricator/installer told me NOT to use Windex. Maybe the ammonia? After two years of nothing but water + Dawn, I'm using Method on it.

• LAdancer
    9 years ago

Doba, thanks for the information. I looked online for Sonoma Tile and I think I have a location to see the "Bossy Grey." I love your backsplash. Did you use a specific Santa Monica or Los Angeles location to find the tile? I'd love to know. I'm going a little crazy moving around to tile centers!

• Doba
    9 years ago

I have been using Method too because it smells so nice. Call Sonoma directly and see where they sell it. I am not in CA. I am in the DC area.

• renov8r
    9 years ago

I am excited to see FC - so pretty. That is what I have chosen with cloud white and navy island.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Doba, beautiful kitchen and love those tiles!

• Doba
    9 years ago

Thank you. Also, renov8r please post your kitchen photos when you have them.

• alainamarie20
    8 years ago

Hi Doba, I just purchased frosty carrina for my new kitchen. I'm having some trouble with what white to pick for the cabinets. What white did you use for yours?

• PRO
    Get It Together Inc.
    8 years ago

Great kitchen! Love the FC

• ladancer
    8 years ago

I have frosty carina quartz in my kitchen, also. Chose Decorator's White for the paint, and think it's a Benjamin Moore brand. I'll check tomorrow.

• ladancer
    8 years ago

Actually, I just checked. My decision was either Decorator's White or Swiss Coffee by Dunn Edwards. Cabinets to go with Frosty Carina was Decorator's White, but then chose Swiss Coffee by Dunn Edwards for the walls, trim and ceiling. Everything looks perfect. Love my quartz counter of Frosty Carina. Backsplash is Bossy Grey by Sonoma Tile, but lots of others would have worked too. I think if I had it to do again. I'd big larger tiles than 3x5. It would be less grout!

• susanlynn2012
    8 years ago

Ladancer, we'd love pictures of your kitchen and that backsplash as it sounds so pretty.

• ladancer
    8 years ago

I will try to post pic, but not sure it shows well. The FC quartz is very subtle and does not show up in the picture. Also there is a white cutting board on the left of the stovetop, so disregard that as the quartz.

Ladancer --I should take a better pic of the countertop.

• ladancer
    8 years ago

However, I guess you can see the beige backsplash in the picture above.

• ladancer
    8 years ago

Just looked over what I've sent. Typo error on the tile size. It's 3x8 rectangle tile but if I had to do again, I'd get larger rectangles. It is a pretty beige, however, and goes with my floor. It uses unsanded grout. I'll try to get a close up of the Frosty Carina tomorrow.

• laurienordin
    8 years ago

• laurienordin
    8 years ago

The above is what my decorator selected to go with frosty Carrina

• monikagisele
    7 years ago

my frosty carrina with white appliances. Also used it for backsplash.
    An all white South Florida high-rise condo kitchen.

• Kristy Moore
    6 years ago

Has anyone done Frosty Carrina with off-white cabinets?

• ladancer
    6 years ago

Used frosty carina in kitchen with white cabinets. looks wonderful with beige/taupe grayish backsplash subway tiles.

• ladancer
    6 years ago

With Frosty Carina, you can really see the design if you aren't close, so it blends with anything. I wish I could submit a pic but I don't know exactly how to do that. I matched the backsplash which is a light taupe to match the light taupe floors.

• ladancer
    6 years ago

Sorry!!! What I meant was that you CAN'T really see the veining or design unless you are up close, but that makes it easy to blend muted or vibrant colors with it.

• Kristy Moore
    6 years ago
    Thank you! We are doing off white cabinets-Brookhaven Alpine White. I'm nervous. The marble like quartz seems too white or too creamy with the Alpine White. I've been considering Frosty Carrina and Zodiaq's Cashmere Carrara. Thanks again!
  • longislandmomoftwo
    6 years ago

KM did you order samples of various quartzes to look at with a sample of your cabinet door in your space with your lighting? It often looks different at home than it does in a store or the warehouse as their lighting tends to be fluorescent so things don't look the same. I'm not sure I would love a countertop that's whiter than my cabinets either so I understand your concern. It's also important to remember that when you're picking trim paint colors to pick a creamy white that looks good with your cabinets so that all the whites compliment each other. Good luck and post some pics when you're done!

• Sharon McDowell
    5 years ago

Love that look Doba. Any more photos

• Michelle
    last year

Hi all wondering if anyone has more photos to share with frosty carina and white on white polyurethene cabinets with gold taps?