Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msl511

Posting Pictures - I don't mean to be dense. . .

msl511
10 years ago

There used to be a sticky at the top of the forum that was outdated and a message floating around, usually on the first page or two, with useful and current instructions. I knew vaguely that it was there and was pretty sure that it had instructions for posting pictures, but never paid much attention to the picture instruction because I wasn't at that point.

Now I am. I can't find the floating message, but I see the sticky is dated 5/13/13, so I'm wondering if the floating message replaced the outdated sticky.That would make sense.

But. . .I have read the sticky 3x, clicked on the link to the FAQ's and I still don't see the picture posting instructions. I'm sure I'm just being dense, but could someone point me in the direction of instructions on how to post photos? Actually, what I really want to post is the plans from my KD, which I only have in hard copy, not on my computer. I can scan them, though, so I could save them as a PDF, but then what?

As I said, I'm sure the instructions are here somewhere and I'm sorry I'm missing them.

Thanks for your patience and help!

Comments (6)

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

I just had to search to find this recently--you are not dense! It's actually in one of the responses under the link that stays posted near the the top of the forum about how to use the forum!

"Note that the topic in the link above describes how to post multiple links in a thread as well as describes how to use the GW 'link' function. The GW 'link' function is fine if you only have one link to post. However, if you have multiple links to post, the topic above will tell you how to do that as well."

Here is a link that might be useful: Link for posting multiple pics

• Buehl
    10 years ago

The latest "Read Me" thread is missing in action. There may be a reason for that, but I'm not going to speculate.

Unfortunately, the "sticky" Tamara posted only has the first post of the "Read Me" thread - it's missing the topic threads...just as it was the last time she posted a sticky thread. Also unfortunately, I cannot post to it to bring it up to speed.

However, you do have a couple of options, first, I've linked to the previous "Read Me" thread below - it has the same information...but it cannot be resurrected b/c it's reached the max of 150 posts per thread.

Second, the FAQ has some of the help topics:

Kitchen FAQ

I haven't started a new thread yet b/c I am going to try to finish the FAQ this weekend...

Here is a link that might be useful: New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me!

• MizLizzie
    10 years ago

macia59, don't feel stupid. :-) Or at least feel stupid with me. After months here, and reading that thread six times, I still haven't figured out how to post multiple pictures. I gave up.

• Fori
    10 years ago

Thirdly, not everyone is having luck posting photos at all these days. See 'em in your preview, yes. Post em and they're gone. So if you follow the instructions and it doesn't work, it might just not be your fault.

• carsonheim
    10 years ago

teknologee -- we haz it

• msl511
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, hallelujah, I have done it!

I'd be happy to explain how I turned hard copies of KD plans into a Please Critique My Layout post with 6 pages of plans all in the initial post for anyone who needs it.