Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dcward89

Sneak peak of my Barker kitchen!!!

dcward89
9 years ago

We're not done but the cabinets are now installed. We got the doors and finished end panels on one run of uppers and I had to share just how gorgeous these Barker natural finish cherry cabinets are. I will do a full reveal when we are done but I thought many on here would enjoy seeing this!! They are pics from my cell so not super high quality or anything but the cabinets still look beautiful to me!!

Comments (16)

• juddgirl2
    9 years ago

They look great!

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

WoW!!! They do look fabulous! If we ever do a complete overhaul i will be doing Barker cabinets. Every Barker kitchen I see I am so impressed with!

Were they easy to assemble?

• dcward89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

greenhaven...they are super easy to assemble. My hubby and I could do the most complicated ones in 10 minutes tops. With what you're doing in your kitchen you could probably do it blindfolded!!! There is no glue...just these specialty screws. Everything is pre-drilled. My DH is an engineer and he is completely impressed with the quality of the cabinets and the precision design of them. Just for fun...here's a pic of the window run. The drawer/door fronts aren't all installed yet but you can take a peak anyway!!! Can you tell I'm super-excited?

• brightm
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous!

(Today is start-to-clear-out-the-kitchen-slowly day here.)

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Well, you should be excited! And thanks for the sneak peek!

• crl_
    9 years ago

Beautiful!

• jennifer132
    9 years ago

These look awesome. Love the cherry in your space.

You know you are serious DIY when you have the big shop vac! We have that one too and I was so excited to move it out of my kitchen.

Good luck with the rest of the doors and fronts. You are doing a light corian countertop? I can't remember, sorry. Soapstone? Love soapstone....

Look forward to your reveal. Good luck.

• Mags438
    9 years ago

They look great!

• tmy_jax
    9 years ago

Congrats & keep postin' pics! They look great!

• mgmum
    9 years ago

They look great! I love the green, are you keeping it?

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

Aren't they just absolutely beautiful.

I seldom have money to actually spend on new things. I'm the reuse center queen.

However. (really big HOWEVER). When I can save the money, it's from Barker and The Cabinet Joint.com. Their stuff is fabulous, carefully made, the two fellows (Chad and Brian) are patient and make me feel comfortable with my decisions.

and... I love my stuff.

You have a gorgeous kitchen in the making!

• deedles
    9 years ago

Gorgeous cabs... love cherry and esp. as it darkens it becomes even more beautiful. Nice!

• dcward89
    Original Author
    9 years ago

MGMum...yes I am keeping the green. I contemplated painting the walls a light grey but when the cabinets came in the warmth of the wood called for something else. The green just seemed to complement the cherry perfectly.

Something funny...completely coincidentally, the paint color is Behr Witch Hazel. The pattern name of our Corian countertops is also Witch Hazel but it's a white, maybe slightly off-white with faint swirls of tan and grey...where do they come up with these names???

jennifer132...the big ol' shop vac, ugggghh!!! Always in the way when not in use but invaluable still...and yes, a definite sign of veteran DIY'ers!!! Yes, we are doing the light Corian counters (as described above). Originally wanted soapstone but it's was far above what I was willing to pay so I happily and eagerly switched to the Corian...I'm just not a granite girl.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

I got this small, DeWalt shop vac. It's very light weight and has the option to use an 18volt battery!
    I spoke of it a couple of years ago and someone else picked one up -- loved it!

Anyway, it's much easier to stuff in a cabinet than the big shop vacs. When you get your life organized, you might want to look it up. It's hard to go back to a regular vacuum when you've had the shop vac thingies!

• neitsdelf
    9 years ago

Your panelized finished ends look terrific! Now I'm a little bit regretting that I went with slab ends.

• joygreenwald
    9 years ago

Oh, I love! (Which is good because my Baker natural cabinets are on production. We couldn't afford soapstone either, so we went with a leathered Bross blue, which looks a lot like soapstone) I'm also glad to hear it as easy to assemble. Congratulations on the progress! Can't wait to see your reveal!